Chapter seventeen

The worst Birthday/ Dobby's warning

(Not edited)

A/N: First chapter of COS, hope you enjoy ;) I also wasn't planing to post this today but I decided to.

It was a quiet summer evening in Surrey. Harry was is in his bedroom that he shared with his twin sister, looking at the picture book that Hagrid had gave him at the end of his first year at Hogwarts; he looks at the picture of him as a baby with his parents, then turns the page to look at a picture of him with his closest friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

Lily and James smile sadly at their son.

Hedwig starts chirping and hooting in her cage.

"I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school"

Hedwig starts to nibble at her lock, squawking loudly, "Besides, if Uncle Vernon—"

"Harry Potter!" Uncle Vernon shouts angrily from downstairs

Harry grimaces and glances downstairs then looks back at Hedwig before closing his book and going downstairs "Now you've done it."

[In the kitchen, Petunia is working on a cake as Harry enters.]

"He's in there, Vernon." Aunt petunia points to the living room.

[Harry enters the living room, where Uncle Vernon is getting Dudley dressed up.]

"I'm warning you. If you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go." Snarled Uncle Vernon

Harry for the third time this week tried to explain, "But she's bored. If I could only let her out for... an hour or two."

Vernon chuckles, "So you and your sister can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir."

Marlene sighs, "Shut it you walrus, I'm getting real tired of his bullshit and the second movie bearly started!"

"But Me and Prim haven't had any messages from any of my friends. Not one. All summer."

Evan frowns, "well their not really good friends then."

Dudley sneers, "Who would want to be friends with you?" He bumps Harry harshly

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you and you're sister since you were a baby, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts."

Andromeda blinks, "that's basic parenting, you should be doing it."

Primrose walks down the stairs as uncle Vernon cleared his throat, "Now, as we all know, today is a very important day,"

Barty let's out a breath, "okay good. I thought they got rid of her for a second. I was worried."

Rabastan turns to look at him, "and why would you care?"

"Because I like her vibe"

Harry looked up, with a look of hope on his face, as primrose mutters "yeah our birthday"

"Happy birthday, Mini prongs and Bambi!" Sirius shouts

Remus covers his ears, "you know they can't hear you right?"