Chapter Fourty Three

THE DEMENTOR'S KISS

[With Pettigrew tied up and gagged, and A knock out Snape floating behind them the Quadrant, Remus, and Sirius all walked out of the whopping williow]

"One wrong move, Peter," said Remus threateningly ahead. His wand was still pointed sideways at Pettigrew's chest.

Peter looked away from the screen.

Sirius stopped and stared at the castle in front of them. The twins go to stand by him.

"Beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again. Freely."
Sirius turns to look at the twins,

"I don't know if you know, Harry, but when you were born, James and Lily made me your guardian"

Harry nods, "I know."

Primrose clears her throat, "If you don't mind me asking, who's mine?"

James nods his head, "I wanna know."

Sirius lips pursue, "Wait it's not me?"

"You're already Harry's."

Sirius grins, "Well your mother and father didn't know that they were having twins until you two were born. It was supposed to be me but when there were two instead of one, they made Remus the other."

Remus blinks, in shock. And James smiles.

Primrose's jaw drops, "You mean my godfather has been right under my nose this whole year!"

Sirius's smile gets even wider, "Indeed. But to what I was saying I'll understand if you and your sister choose to stay with your aunt and uncle, but, so you know, you could..."

Lily scoffs, "Why would they want to live with my sad excuse of a sister."

"Come live with you? When!"

James grins at the thought of the twins living with Remus and Sirius, finally getting the family they deserve.

Euphemia smiles, "I'm glad they'll be away from those wretched human beings."

"Soon as my name's cleared..."

The twins look at Hogwarts and grin, and Sirius does the same. Then, Hermione's voice rises in the air, quavering with fear.

"Harry..."

He turns, to see Hermione staring at the full moon. His eyes shift. Lupin is a rigid silhouette, his fingers twitching.

Remus goes ridged. The rest of the Marauders sit up straighter, face full of fear and worry.

Sirius runs to where Remus is,
"Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?"

Lupin, twitching, shakes his head. Pettigrew's eyes dart, taking in the situation, then slowly shift, the wand trembling in lupins lengthening fist.

"Run. All of you. Now." Sirius whispered.

But none of them do.