Chapter Twenty Three

About the chamber/ Rogue bludger

[The screen opens up to show Mattheo, Draco, and Primrose walking down the corridor to transfiguration.]

Draco rubs at his jaw which has a slight bruise, "I still can't believe you hit me."

Primrose scoffs, "I only hit you because you said something offensive and you were acting like a dick!"

Mattheo nods his head, "Yeah, Draco I agree with her."

That makes Draco scoff, "Oh please." He throws his hands in the air.

"It's Okay, Draco, I still love you." She laughs, causing Mattheo to clench his jaw and look away.

[The screen changes to show McGonagall teaching.]

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets."

Draco raises a brow,

"Like so." She turns to the bird resting on a post to her right, tapping it with her wand as she speaks, "One, two, three, Vera Verto." a stream of magic emits from her wand, and the bird becomes a goblet; the other students express amazement.

"Now it's your turn? Who would like to go first?" She approaches Ron. "Ah! Mr. Weasley. One, two, three, Vera Verto."

Ron clears his thoughts as he silently taps his wand towards Scabbers three times, "Vera Verto."

His wand causes Scabbers to turn into a furry goblet with his tail moving around while squeaking; Harry and some of the other students grin and laugh.

Peters eyes widened, and he gulps, 'Poor rat.'

McGonagall points at his rat-goblet, "That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley"

Hermione raises her hand. "Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

Both Draco and Primrose give Hermione a surprised look.

McGonagall glances around the room and sees that the students look somewhat interested. "Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not." She paused, gazed bleari­ly around the room, and con­tin­ued.

Ron turns to Harry, "Three guesses who."

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods."

Hermione and Draco glare at each other.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns," Hermione says making Professor McGonagall point her wand at her in an affirmative gesture.

"Well, naturally the school has been searched many times. No such Chamber has been found." She turns and walks back to her desk.