Runaway Rs

ROSS' P.O.V

Rocky drove the car down the smooth road of dirt and desert. We had made it to Nevada in only like a day and a half. For the most part I was having a good time, just me and Rocky on the road having fun.

But other parts of me kept replaying that night we decided to take off.

-flashback-

"Come on." Rocky begged. I sighed and looked up at my house. "Okay." I looked down and walked through the front door. Everything was quiet and dark around me. Tears were stinging my eyes as I tiptoed up the stairs. Rhylee was thankfully asleep so this would be easy. I snuck to the closet and searched through the clothes until I found mine.

I had packed almost everything up, not knowing how long I'd be gone. As my fingers slipped onto the handle I let a tear fall as I saw Rhylee still peacefully sleeping, no idea in the world I was leaving. "I love you so much baby girl, I'll be home soon." I whispered, walking out and closing the bedroom door.

When I stepped into Juliet's room I immediately lost it. She had woken up when I scooped her in my arms. She smiled widely and grabbed my face, a sparkle in her eyes.

"Daddy's gotta go somewhere for a little bit. But he loves you so so so much. Okay, princess? I promise I'm coming back. I p-promise. I l-love yo-ou." I choked out, kissing her forehead and setting her down in her crib. I grabbed my stuff and headed out the front door before I could change my mind. Rocky was standing there waiting patiently.

"I've already said goodbye to Brock. I did before I headed out to the deal and shit. It's hard, I know. But we're leaving for a good thing." We loaded up in the car and started our journey.

That moment seems to haunt me no matter what I do. We had checked into a hotel by the rehab for a good price thankfully. Rocky had returned from getting some food to last us the rest of the night.

"Rocky?" I gulped. "Do you feel just the least bit bad for leaving Brock?" He looked at me with sad eyes and came over. "I think about him and Bridgit every second of the day. But Ross, come on. We're here to get better. This way Juliet won't have a depressed father and Rhylee can work on getting better as too because you're not sad anymore. And Brock won't have to go to school telling the kids he can't come over because he's visiting his dad in jail."

"I bet the girls are freaking out. I bet everyone is freaking out. Fuck." I muttered, pulling at my hair.

"Hey, it's okay. We aren't that bad so we won't have to stay long. A month and a half at the most. And then we're back home to our families with a new and fresh start." Rocky argued.

"You're right," I looked up at him, "let's do this."

-

We had been checked into the rehab center about 3 weeks ago. I already feel better than ever and Rocky seems to be doing good too. There are moments where I wanna give up and go back home to Juliet but I only had a week left in here. Rocky has tried really hard with his therapy and stuff to get out the same time as me and luckily it worked.

I still have a picture of Rhylee and Juliet at the hospital the day she was born in my wallet. I look at it everyday and use it as motivation.

The cool thing about this place is that they let us have roommates so Rocky and I can communicate. It was about time to sleep and we had climbed into our beds, silence taking over the room.

"Only 6 days left until we get to go home." Rocky smiled. "I know." I smiled too and flipped over, looking at the picture of my girls one last time before going to sleep.

-

RHYLEE'S P.O.V

I woke up to find Riker holding Juliet next to me. I smiled and raised up on my elbows. "Does Juliet like Uncle Riker? Yeah?" I giggled, messing up her tiny hair a little.

"She was crying this morning so I went and got her." Sadness instantly washed over as I remembered Ross used to do that.

"He'll come back." Riker said, reading my mind.

"I want to know why he left in the first place. It's been almost a week! Juliet already seems confused because Ross isn't here." I growled.

Neither Ross or Rocky had bothered to contact us at all. Rydel had been staying with Bridgit some nights and other nights Bridgit would stay with me. That gave Riker a chance to go out and have some fun.

It feels lonely without Ross, even with Riker here. I hate to walk in the hallway and look at all the pictures from when we were younger hanging up.

I've fallen completely in love with Ross. He's my whole world and I don't think I could go on without him. I'm mad at him for leaving unexpectedly but if he ever comes back I'll be more than happy. Not knowing if he's okay kills me.

---

WOAH IM HERE

SHOUTOUT TO U ALL THAT COMMENTED AND ENCOURAGED ME TO KEEP GOING

KEEP READING UNDER THE PALMS AND COMMENTING AND VOTING AD STUFF ILY

COMMENTS HAVE GONE DOWN ON THIS STORY IT MAKES ME :-(((

BUt for real though can we get this up to 10 comments???

ily all byeeeee