Relapsing?

ROSS' P.O.V

Today was Toby's funeral. We all got dressed and headed to the church.

Once we got out and settled in Rhylee was up with her Dad and Liam. Others were coming to talk to me about our marriage and Juliet.

I looked over seeing Rhylee looking in the casket with Liam. She turned to him and cried in his shoulder.

After I finished talking to Rhylee's grandma I walked over to Rhylee, handing Juliet to Mr.Ladd and taking my wife in my arms.

"Baby, it's okay. Shhh. Please stop crying." I cooed. Eventually she stopped and it was time for the funeral to start.

The preacher said all the holy stuff they say, and then asked for Rhylee to go up, and my palms were sweating as I held Juliet again, knowing I was next.

"Toby was my little brother of course. He was always really adventurous and wild. He'd come home and ask me to come outside and look for worms, and at night for aliens. He was only 8 at the time, so I went along with even though I knew there were no aliens on the dark streets of L.A."

"And a lot of times, I'd wake up with a marker unibrow, or whip cream on my face. But that was just Toby; a happy, wild, and pranking young boy. Soon that ended though. He saw what the world really looked liked. No longer was he searching for worms in the dirt, or aliens on the streets or in the sky; but he was looking for a way to escape the hell he went through." I could see tears forming in her eyes, and hearing tears from everyone else.

"I don't know if I'll ever be the same without Toby. He helped me through some really dark times growing up, and he didn't even realize or know it. I love you, Toby." She said walking back over to us. I kissed her cheek and handed her Juliet.

Then the preacher announced my name and I stood up, walking over to the stand.

"Uh, Toby was a very good friend of mine. When I first started dating Rhylee he was young, of course. And he'd call me Uncle Ross. 'Can Uncle Ross take me to the park? Uncle Ross and I are going to get ice cream!' We'd tell him I'd actually be his brother in law if I married Rhylee, yet I stayed Uncle Ross." I started off, feeling tears burn the back of my throat.

"I remember when Toby couldn't sleep, he'd come in our room and I'd pick him up, and hold him as if he was an airplane, then twirl down the stairs. I'd take him out for ice cream when he got all A's on his report card, and I'd go down to his room and we'd drink Gatorade while playing X-Box. I was there for him when he got his first crush, and I was there to talk to him when he had his first kiss." A tear fell down my face, pushing the others.

"And for the most part, if it wasn't for Toby I wouldn't been where I was today with Rhylee. He helped me figure her out. Along from that, he was always smiling. But as I watched him grow up, I realized the smile was no longer there. He no longer wanted 'Uncle Ross' to take him to the park, or to get ice cream. He no longer needed me to give him advice on how to talk to a girl. But he'll always be Little Man in my heart, and I'll always be Uncle Ross to him." I said walking back to my seat, tears falling every which way.

After the funeral we went home and Rhylee immediately put Juliet in her crib. I walked up to our room, calling her name.

She sat on the bed, tears silently falling, and a blade rested in her hand. My eyes widened, and I rushed to her, taking the blade. Rhylee wasn't going down this road again.

I would not allow it.

I bit my lip, and let a few tears of my own fall. "Rhylee," She looked up at me; angry, guilty, sad, confused. "Take this blade, and cut me." I said.

"What?" Her voice shook. "If you're going to start this again, I want you to take the blade, and cut me." She shook her head. "I can't. I can't hurt you like that." I leaned closer to her.

She knew. She understood.

"I'm sorry, Ross." She sniffled. I pulled her in a hug and rubbed her back. "No more cutting, Rhylee. I'm your husband, and that's what I'm here for. Cutting isn't the way to relieve your pain. Okay?" She nodded.

"Okay."
---------------------------
im choking why did i do that

QOTC: Anyone recognize the reference at the very end? ;)

8+ comments for new update!

Don't forget to vote as well :)

R.A.F