Trial Part 1

RHYLEE'S P.O.V

"Dad?" I asked, shaking. Ross pulled me to him. "Aren't you suppose to be getting ready for trial?" I asked.

"Look, Rhylee-" I cut him off. "It's bad enough you brought Liam and I into this, but you also brought Toby into it!" I raised my voice.

"Look, I'm sorry. I had no choice. You want your mom and sisters to get what they deserve right?" I nodded. "It was my only choice! They needed at least 3 of you to outnumber the sayings from Kandice and Raginn." I sighed.

"Whatever Dad, I have to go." I said taking Ross with me. "It's gonna be fine baby." Ross said rubbing my back and keeping Juliet calm at the same time. We walked back to Ross' car and drove home.

Ross gave her a bath and put her in her crib as I made supper. When he came down he slipped his arms around my waist as I mixed the mac and cheese.

Hours later we laid in bed, discussing tomorrow.

"Everything's gonna be fine babe, just try and sleep." Ross said kissing me.

I closed my eyes and surprisingly went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and got out of bed.

I washed my face and brushed my face, then applied a little makeup.

After that I got dressed and woke Ross up.

He was ready in under 10 minutes.

I got Juliet out of her crib and we walked downstairs.

In the car Ross drove us back to my old home.

Stormie was waiting with Brock.

We said bye to Juliet and gave her to Stormie. Ross' family was piled in the van and I got back in the car with Ross.

We all drove behind Liam and Rydel to the courthouse, and as we came closer my anxiety got worse. Ross set a hand on my thigh to assure me everything was okay.

I got out of the car immediately hugged by Riker. "Everything's gonna be fine." I nodded and we walked in. My dad was already there, and then I saw them

Mom, Kandice, and Raginn sat there and I saw them for the first time in a few months.

Ross' grip on my hand tightened as they looked over and glared at me. We took our seats as it began.

The judge went on for awhile, when it was time for us to speak. Dad went first.

"Your honor, my ex wife has abused all my children their entire lives, making an unbearable hell for all of us. She starved my daughter Rhylee, ignored and did not care for our youngest son Toby, and constantly hit all of them except Raginn."

I stiffened. "Toby, will you please step up." Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Toby has been living with Dad since I moved out.

"Ever since I was 3, all I can remember is how much my mom put us through. I watched her insult, starve, hit, anything you could think of, I watched her do those to my sister Rhylee. She turned my sister into a broken girl, leading her to all kinds of self harm and depression."

Tears formed in my eyes, and Ross rubbed my thigh.