Oh, Little Brother!

RHYLEE'S P.O.V

"Toby!" I cried. Ross rushed in and pulled me outside.

I beat on his hard chest as I cried uncontrollably.

"Ross!" I cried harder. Tears slid down his face as we looked in the room, seeing the doctors trying to revive him.

It was no use.

My little brother was gone forever.

Rydel held Juliet ever so gentle, while crying too.

Liam broke into tears on my dad, as they were pushed out.

"He can't be gone!" I screamed, not able to believe my brother had died.

"Baby, calm down. You're asthma is gonna kick in." Ross sniffled, trying to calm me down. And sure enough, 30 seconds later I was yelling for an inhaler.

Once I had air again, I had calmed down, sorta. Ross had sat on one of the waiting benches in the waiting room. I laid my head on his chest and sobbed quietly.

"Toby Ladd?" A doctor unexpectedly said. We looked up as he walked over to us.

"I'm very sorry, but we couldn't save him." Then he walked off. I started crying again, and Ross ended up having to take me outside because others were staring at me.

Ross grabbed my arms and kissed me passionately, making me stop crying.

"Listen baby, everything's gonna be okay. Come here." I walked into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my chest.

"I love you, so much." He whispered. "I love you too." I muffled.

"He's gone, Ross." I said quietly.

"I know." His voice cracked.

"I promised myself I wouldn't let him fall in my footsteps. I failed. It's all my fault." I cried.

Ross sighed, "I know Toby told you differently. It's not your fault babe. You're not responsible for every little thing that happens to Toby." He said softly.

But I was, I made it my job to take care of my little brother. Ross just doesn't understand.

We went home about an hour later. Ross drove as I sat in the passenger seat leaning my head against the window.

Once we reached our house I got out and Ross came over to me, kissing my forhead then grabbing Juliet. Inside I saw the time reading 4:30 a.m.

Why can't this just be a horrible dream? Ross will wake me up and I'll be sweating and burning up. I'll tell him my nightmare and he'll comfort me saying he loves me and that everything's okay.

The world is harsh though, and that's just not how it happened. Ross and I walked upstairs with Juliet and laid in our bed.

"She looks so much like you." I said giggling. Right now my daughter was the only thing keeping me positive.

"Yeah, but she has a beautiful look to her face, which she has to get from her gorgeous mother." I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"I'm really sorry about Toby." Ross said. "It's okay, I know how much he meant to you too." He nodded and looked down.

"I remember when he was younger and he'd always call me Uncle Ross. I'd give him 'airplane' twirls down the stairs. He was the best little kid." I nodded as well, feeling tears swell up in my eyes.

Ross then kissed Juliet and put her in her crib. Then he walked back out to me and grabbed my hand. We walked downstairs and out to the pool.

"Ross what are you doing?" I giggled sadly. "We're gonna take our minds off Toby for the night. Okay?" I nodded slowly.

He came close to me and pulled my shirt off, revealing my bra. I knew where he was going, so I smirked and pulled his shirt off as well. Soon our pants were off and we fell in the pool.

Good thing we had a tall fence to block the neighbor's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though Toby is a fictional character, I'm like actually sad he's gone :(

QOTC: Should I write more of other ships in the story, like Raddy, Brocky, Lydel?

6+ comments for new update!

Don't forget to vote!

R.A.F