Chapter 4 - A Recollection of the Past

[(Y/N)'s POV]

"Hey (Y/N)-Kun, want to play after school?"

"Sorry! I have to go home early today. Maybe next time!"

"Okay then! See you tomorrow!"

I need to go home early since I will help Grandma Atsuko with buying the ingredients for tonight's dinner. I packed up my things so I can leave the school. I was walking towards the exit when I saw a familiar face waiting for me.

"Grandma Atsuko!"

I ran towards her to give her a hug.

"Slow down (Y/N), you might trip over"

"Sorry about that grandma. I thought that we would meet at the supermarket?"

"Well, I want to make sure you know your way to the supermarket"

"Grandma! You don't have to worry about it okay? Besides, I'm already old enough to know my way around..." I pouted.

She let out a chuckle after my statement.

"You're still in the first year of your middle school yet you want to act like you're already that old."

"Yeah, because I want to grow up faster so I can take care of you better! Next time, you can just go rest at home and let me buy what you need."

"You're already taking care of me (Y/N). Come on, let's hurry to the supermarket. There's a sale and we wouldn't want to run out of things to buy"

Grandma Atsuko patted my head and we went to the supermarket. This has always been something I do with her from time to time. We live at grandma's house. Both my parents are salary workers and they almost always come home late. It's just me, my parents, grandma, and sometimes Yuko when she comes from her Uni.

"So, what do you want for dinner (Y/N)?"

"There's a sale on pork today so I think I want to have some Tonkatsu tonight!"

"Let's buy a bit more since Yuko will come home to visit today"

I helped Grandma Atsuko with the shopping and we went home right after. A couple of hours passed and we started to prepare for dinner. While preparing, I heard someone arrive.

"I'm home everyone!"

It was Yuko. She hurried to the kitchen to let us know she's already home even though it was already obvious enough from her lively announcement.

"(Y/N)! How's my favorite nephew?!"

She hugged me and pinched both of my cheeks.

"I miss you too Yuko"

"Yuko! Be careful with his face! Have you even washed your hands?"

"Sorry, mother! I was just excited to see you guys! What's that smell? Are we having Tonkatsu tonight?

"Yes, since there was a sale at the supermarket today. Once you're done playing with (Y/N)'s face, come and help us out"

"Okay, okay. I guess Asako's not home yet huh?"

"Yeah, mom's working hard after all"

"I'm working hard too! Here, look at the photos I took!"

Yuko showed me the photos from her camera. She loves taking pictures and she often shows me the photos she took every time she comes home. It became a bonding of ours. She even teaches me how to take photos from her camera from time to time that's why I became interested in taking pictures as well.