Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - Thoughts

[Katori's POV]

It's been some time since I had a conversation with Akumi.

"You feel alone... And you're miserable inside... Stop pretending that you're not..."

The things that she said struck me. It made me realize that all I've been doing was distracting myself from the fact that it isn't the same as before. Ichika's been chasing her dream just like any one of us is trying to do. Even though we don't spend as much time as we did before, I just always try to think that it would be for the best.

Besides, it's for her future; I have no right to take that from her.

As I walk towards the campus, I heard someone calling out my name.

"Katori-kun!"

"Akumi?"

"Good morning!" She greeted me with a smile she always wears on her face.

"Morning."

"Cold as always!" She playfully slapped my shoulder. "Anyways, you haven't been replying to my texts nor answering my calls!" She pouted.

"What am I supposed to reply or tell you anyway?"

"I dunno!? I just wanted to talk, that's all!"

"Haven't we had enough talk last time?"

"Fine... I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to be that hard on you last time... I'm sorry, pleeeeasseeee! I'll make it up to you!" Her eyes locked onto mine as she pouted like a child.

"It's alright Akumi. You're right in some parts of what you said anyways..."

"Like?"

"That I'm not okay..."

"I see, well... I was just concerned that's all. Though, I may not have worded it right. But I know the truth is what you actually needed."

"Yeah..."

"So, since we're all just going back from winter break, how about we hang out later?"

"You said it yourself. We just got back from break. How about we focus on our classes?"

"That's so boring! I know! How about I hang out at your house? I can cook you some dinner and such!"

"You do know how that sounds, right?"

"I know that! What? Is it bad to take care of a friend?"

"Yeah right." I sarcastically replied.

"Okay! Maybe more than that! But I can't help it, alright? I won't do anything bad, I promise!"

"Alright, in one condition."

Her eyes lit up when I said that.

"Really!? This is great! I'm ready for the condition!"

"Yushiro and Sachi should be there too."

"Hmph! That's easy! You'll see! I'll definitely bring them!"

"Alright then. See you after school."

"See yah!"

When our conversation finished, we both head to our respective classes. The day went on as usual; I attended my classes, take down notes, and take some pictures for the photography club. Ever since then, whenever Akumi feels like visiting my dorm, I won't allow her without the other two.

Valentine's Day arrived. Compared to high school, it usually is the time when girls from each class give out chocolates to their friends or the person they like. Times like this, makes me think of Ichika more and how I miss being with her.