Vol. 2 Ch. 27 - Realization

[Katori's POV]

I immediately moved my hand away from hers.

"Akumi, what are you doing? Didn't you hear what I said?"

"I'm sorry... I can't help it." I noticed her take a seat closer to me.

"Akumi... Please... Stop this... I don't want this to be a problem..."

"Well... it won't be... Besides, your girlfriend isn't here, right? She wouldn't even know what's going on. How about you? How can you be so sure that she's being faithful as you are right now? Have you ever thought of that?"

"For one thing, I know for sure that Ichika will never do that to me. And I know that it goes both ways. We trust each other. Even though I can't see what she's doing now, I never doubted her."

"Alright, you win. For now..."

"Akumi, if you know what's better, you would refrain from doing this again. I value our friendship... But let's not cross the line..."

"Okay, okay! Fine!" She playfully slapped my shoulder.

This is a serious matter for me but I'm surprised by how she can stay cheerful right now.

"I'll try to refrain... But... Don't blame me if I can't stop myself sometimes..."

"You have a good night Akumi... I'll be going now..."

"Good night Katori-kun... Have a sweet dream..." She smiled at me as I stood up from my seat so I can head over to my tent.

As the night passed, I keep on thinking about what Akumi told me. I grew fond of the people from the photography club and it wouldn't be that easy for me to just quit so I can avoid Akumi. But I don't want Ichika to worry either.

The camping trip was finally over. We all head our separate ways after I dropped them off at the Uni. Days passed and the Cultural Festival started at our University. Each department and club had its own way to showcase what they're capable of. As for our club, we displayed the photos we took from the camping trip, and some of the photos that we deemed worth displaying.

We hang the pictures on the wall outside the photography club for everyone to see. Since there isn't much to do, I just stayed inside the club room and do edits on some of the photos I took to buy some time.

While working on the photos, I'm hearing some commotion outside the club. My curiosity got the best of me so I head to the door to check what was going on.

"There he is!" Akumi cheerfully exclaimed while pointing at me.

I was surprised by the number of people outside the club room who were looking at the photos we displayed. But what caught my attention were the three girls who gathered in front of the picture I took.

"He's Katori-kun, and he's the one who took those beautiful pictures!" Akumi explained to the girls who were looking at the photo I took of Mt. Fuji from Lake Motosu.

"H—Hey there." I scratched my head as I smiled at them. I'm not used to this kind of thing.

"Your photos are great! How did you take them?" A girl excitingly asked me.

"Yeah! Can you teach us how!?" 

"Me too! I think that's cool!" 

"T—Thanks... You can join the photography club if you guys want to learn more about it. Akumi here, also took some great photos. And so are the other Photography club members. You can check it out if you like."

"Yeah, we'll check those later!" They all exclaimed.

After the girls left, I found Akumi looking at me.