Chapter 11 - Fix you

[Ichika's POV]

"Oh, hi! Please come in, make yourself comfortable"

I bowed and hurried back to my stuff and cleaned it as much as I can. I wouldn't want to give my boyfriend's mom a bad impression.

"You can just take a seat wherever you like"

"Thank you Nakano-chan"

"Please, you can just call me Ichika."

"I see, very well then"

"By the way ma'am, how did you find me here?"

"I found out about you from my son. It was a bit difficult to ask about you since he doesn't open up that easily but he was able to tell me eventually. It was when he notified me that he'll use some of the money from his account. I already told him that he can use it as he pleases but knowing my son, he feels like he'll be indebted to me if he does. That's why he told me where he'll use it. That's when I found out what happened"

"I—I see..."

"But why is it hard for him to ask his mother? I have been in their house once but I guess we didn't really have time to talk about his family in detail. Not even once"

"So, did he succeed in helping you?"

"Yes, I'm really thankful for him"

"I'm glad if that was the case."

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry if I barged in and just visited you like this. I know you're a busy person."

"It's okay, I don't mind. But if you don't mind me asking, was there something that happened? Based on what you told me earlier, it seemed like he's not very close to you."

"Yes, that is indeed correct."

"Oh, but please, I don't really mean anything bad like that. I just wanted to know. We really haven't had the chance to talk about his family after all"

"I see, so he hasn't even opened up with you about what happened."

"Uhm? No, but what happened?"

"I wasn't able to keep track of time with how fast everything went but I haven't been able to see my son for more at least more than five years."

"Oh..."

"His father died when he was still in middle school. He died in a car crash with my son caught in between. It was a dreadful accident. It took some time for my son to recover from all the injuries. I feel like I should tell you what happened. But if you're busy, I can leave you be"

"Please... Don't leave yet. I have time. P—Please tell me more about what happened..."

"I did a terrible thing to my husband; his late father. I was seeing someone else. That's when everything spiraled out of control for our family. When his father found out, he lashed out. My son found out about what happened as well. That is the same day when the incident happened.

"Due to his injuries, he wasn't able to visit his father's funeral. He was left in his auntie and grandmother's care while I chose to live with my new husband. Years later, his grandmother; my mother, died due to her condition. That left him even more devastated. I was so busy that I wasn't even able to visit my mother's wake or visit him.

"I'm not excusing myself but I really do care about him. I still provide him support even if it's just financially. I'm currently working with my new husband who's an owner of a big security company. I always tell him that I only did it for his sake and his future. I know what I did and I understand why he still has some grudge against me.