Chapter 8 - Moving back

[(Y/N)'s POV]

"Uh... What? Wait, wait, let me think for a sec"

She was still giving me a lap pillow when I was further awakened by what she just said.

"Sorry to lay it down on you all of a sudden..."

"Hey, hey

"Hey, hey... It's alright. I was just worried. I'm sure there's a reason behind this. You can tell me."

I grabbed her hand and held it gently.

"Come this September, there's a project I accepted. It's kind of a big project. The location would be far and it would be a big commitment."

I got up from the lap pillow and continued our conversation.

"I see, that makes sense. It will be difficult to do work and study at the same time especially with the way you described it. Since you want my thoughts about it, I suggest that we still look for a way for you to graduate. I support you with every decision you'll make but let's consider some options first. I'm sure your sisters would want to graduate with you"

"Yeah, you're right. It started to bother me moments after I accepted. I just thought that this is a bigger shot to my career and I don't want to let it slip away from me."

"Of course! Since that's your passion, it's only right to take steps like this one. But there's a hurdle too, which you need to overcome. I can assure you though, I'll be with you throughout the way"

"Thanks (Y/N)... I'm glad that I was able to tell you this" she leaned on my shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's what partners do right?"

"Really, thank you..." she looked at me sincerely.

"Anything for you..." I smiled at her

"Oh, how I wish I can sleep here..." she pouted.

"Maybe some other time. Your sisters might get worried and I might get an earful from Nino"

"You're probably right" we chuckled.

We then head for the exit of my house.

"Okay then! Let me drop you home, it's getting late"

"I thought you'll 'walk' me home?"

"I didn't plan on using it, but it's already late and it's a waste not to put it to use."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this..."

I pointed at the car. I opened the door of the front passenger seat for her.

"I didn't know you had one"

"Me too actually. But it's a bit of a long story. Anyways, let me drive you home" I smiled at her.

She got in and I went to the driver's seat.