Vol. 2 Ch. 39 - Fleeting Moments

*********************************************************************************

♫♫♫
"Hold my heart, don't let it break like fear
Sometimes a moment, feels like a thousand years
God only knows why love is drenched in tears
Maybe that's what makes it love"

♫♫♫
"Maybe that's what makes it love..."

- Heaven Knows
by Hillsong United

*********************************************************************************

"We are here!"

I was awakened by the announcement of a person who looks like the conductor of the bus. I scratched my hair as I tried to wrap my head around the situation I'm in. I got off the bus and barely realized that I got dropped off in the middle of the highway.

I look up and found that it was already nighttime. The road was wide but empty. The moon and the street lights are illuminating my surroundings. I tried to walk further but the road seemed endless. I tried to compose myself so I can think of what was going on.

I don't recall how and when I got here. I just know that this is where I woke up to. As I continue to endlessly wander on the road, I saw a black stray cat, walk in front of me. It was strikingly familiar.

It looks like the same stray cat I found when I was on the Kyoto Trip years ago.

Wait...

I tried to observe myself and I was wearing casual clothing with my Camera strap, hanging on my neck.

The cat started to walk away from me.

"Hey, wait!" I shouted at it. It just briefly looked at me, licked its paws twice, and continued to walk in the same direction.

I followed it and I notice my surrounding slowly changing. It looks like I'm finally able to get somewhere. As I continue to follow the cat, I started to get familiar with what I'm seeing. It's our street. Our street where we live back then before I moved to Tokyo. I walked until I stumbled upon a place that is strikingly familiar to me.

It was our old house. It's where I grew up on. Where a lot of things happened whether it was good or bad.

I noticed the cat just stopped by our front door and laid flat on its chest.

Since it doesn't seem like it wouldn't be going anywhere, I decided to just open our door. As I open it, I walk inside and check who might be home. While I was walking, I heard a voice. A voice that I haven't been able to hear for so long now.