Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - What Lies Behind

"Akumi, I like you. Please go out with me!" He declared with his head bowed down, reaching out his hand to me.

"B-But... What did you even like about me...?"

"I think you're cool... You have a great personality... And I just like everything about you..."

"What is this? Why do I feel like there are butterflies in my stomach? I feel something warm in my heart..."

"Are... Are you sure...? We're about to graduate from middle school and... You might find some other girls when we get to high school..." I asked as I hold my skirt tightly.

"Yes! Yes, I'm sure with what I'm feeling. The moment I saw you, I knew... I knew that you're the one I want to be with. I just can't take my eyes off of you Akumi. I don't see anyone else... Please go out with me!"

"If... If that is the case... I'll be in your care..." I bowed my head to him as I can feel the redness on my face.

"I never thought I'd be able to feel special like this. Thank you for making me feel like this Tomu-kun..."

He ran towards me and gave me a hug. "Yes! Thank you Akumi! I'll do my best! Please take care of me too!"

"Y-Yes... Thank you... Tomu-kun..." I hugged him back.

Time passed and we got into high school. Tomu and I went to the same High school since I didn't want to be apart from him. We were always in the same class and we take our lunch together. He would go out with his friends from time to time, and I would as well.

As the years have passed, I grew closer to him up to the point that we can talk about almost anything. It's like there's no more barrier between us; like we know each other a lot. We decided that we can both do anything we would want so our relationship wouldn't be that suffocating. He knows that I wouldn't do anything that would hurt him. I know he wouldn't either. Because he trusts me.

And I trust him.

"Tomu-kun, we're about to graduate soon. Where are you planning to study at?" I asked him while we were studying at his home. I always go to his home since there isn't much that we can do if he stays at mine.

"Well, I plan to study in Tokyo. My parents said that they want me to study there so I can have a better future. Or so what they think. If that's what they want, I don't have any problems with it."

"I think Tokyo would be nice. You know... You might be happy to hear this..."

"What is it?"

"I passed my entrance exams at Tokyo Metropolitan University! I got a scholarship too! It wouldn't be hard for my sister to help me with my study! I would also look for a part-time job while I'm there."

"That's great!"

"I know, right? In this way? We can be near each other! We can be together almost every time!"

"Yeah! That's great news! I'm really looking forward to it!"

"I am too! Wait, let's take a break for a sec. I need to prepare some dinner. We wouldn't want to study with an empty stomach!"

"You're really caring Akumi-chan." He smiled at me.

"Of course I am! Anything for you!" I kissed him on the lips.

"Thank you."

"Don't be too serious! Anyways, you can continue doing your notes. I'll be back!"

"Okay!" He cheerfully replied.

A month had passed and graduation finally came. Everyone was looking forward to the future that was waiting for them. As for me, I look forward to graduating from college, getting a job, being married to Tomu, and having a family with him.