Vol. 2 Ch 23 - Adapt

[Katori's POV]

"Good morning hon! Breakfast is ready!"

"I wish I can hear that every time I wake up"

I sighed as I prep myself for the day. It's been a couple of days since Ichika left for her project. Monday's here and I still myself to make sure that I'll be able to go to the campus without any complications. I already set the alarm early in the morning so I can prepare my breakfast.

"Once I leave, be sure to make some breakfast okay? Don't just buy one from the convenience store."

I remembered what Ichika told me while preparing my food. She had a lot of things to leave for me as a remark, making sure that I'll be able to take care of myself while she's not around.

"Well, it's not the time to be depressed. Ichika's out there making her dreams come true. So should I!"

I pumped myself up as I dig in on my breakfast. Once I'm done, I'll go and ready my car so I can head over to the Uni. While driving to the Uni, I received a phone call from mom.

"Son, good morning, are you on your way to the Uni?"

"Morning, mom. Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you able to come later? We'll be having dinner after our meeting with our business partners."

"Do I need to be at the meeting as well to observe?"

"That's fine! Maro said that you should lean more towards your studies. You helping out from home is already enough for us, so don't worry about it."

"Alright, I'll try. I'll message you if something comes up."

"Are you alright? You don't sound okay."

"I'm okay mom..."

"I'm your mother (Y/N), I can feel it if something's wrong. Please drop by later and we'll talk about it, okay?"

"Alright, I will."

"Great. Take care!"

"You too."

After some time, I finally arrived at the Uni. I parked the car and headed over to where my class will be. I arrived at the room and just took a seat there to listen intently.

"I should make myself busy so I can avoid thinking about not being with Ichika. I'm sure she would want me to go out and enjoy life too."

After the classes were over, I look at the bulletin board to check out some clubs that I can join. I haven't been able to join one since I was in high school because I leaned towards my part-time job so I can also make myself busy.

While browsing through several posters, I saw one that caught my eye. It was a poster for a photography club. I checked where they were located and headed over there.

I finally arrive in the room. I tried to knock but it seems like no one's there yet. I tried to wait for a bit.

"Hi, are you here to join our club?"

I heard a voice asking me. I turned to where it was coming from.

"Yeah, I was hoping to join the Photography club. Do you guys have any requirements I need to meet?"

"Chill out dude! You're too formal! I'm Isobe Akumi! I'm part of the Photography club." She smiled at me and reached out her hand for a handshake.