Unwavering

A/N:
- Featuring "Sanctuary" cover by re:issues (Original by Joji)
- Highly recommend that you play this, the moment you see the musical note later.
********************************************************

[Katori's POV]

Time passed us by like it was nothing. Winter is nearing its end while everyone is anticipating for spring. I'm still taking meds so I can get my full recovery but I'm feeling a lot better compared to the first time I woke up. I've decided that I will continue my studies this coming April so I can graduate in around a year's time. I would just need to spend more time at the Uni so I can somehow make up for the time I wasn't attending classes.

As for Ichika, she decided that she would take a break from acting and will just be at home, taking care of me. I tried to tell her that I'm alright but she was so persistent that I wasn't able to argue anymore. She said that she will go back once she feels like it, but we both agreed that she'll continue after I graduate.

"How are you feeling, son?" Mom asked me while we were having dinner.

Ichika and I are currently at their place since we decided to spend time with them. Maro was eating with us. After what happened, our family got even closer than before. Every minute feels like it's being treasured; like it has so much value that no wealth can ever buy.

"I'm doing okay, mom. Ichika's been taking really good care of me." I looked at Ichika who was sitting beside me.

I felt her hand holding mine and she added, "Don't worry mother, I always make sure that he takes his meds on time and never skips anything."

"Thanks, Ichika. I really appreciate it. So, are you sure you can go back to Uni?" Mom wondered.

"Yes, mom. I really want to go back since it feels like I also missed a lot."

"It's alright if you give it a year. I can also make some arrangements for you. Maybe even do online lessons just so you can take the extra time for rest." Maro commented.

"Thank you so much for your concern guys. I... I really appreciate it." I smiled at them and they smiled back while I continued, "But, staying at home for my Uni isn't something I'm really fond of. For what it's worth, I won't exhaust myself too much. I now know that I can just take things slowly. Besides..." I looked at Ichika and smiled at her.

"Hmm?" Ichika wondered.

"I'm actually looking forward to Ichika's come back to the big screen. We had a deal that once I graduate, she would go back to pursuing her acting career."

"You're that excited? I mean, aren't you happy that you have this actress all to yourself twenty-four hours a day, five days a week?" She teased and all of us chuckled.

"I mean, I'm not complaining. It's just that, I don't want you to miss any opportunities that might be waiting for you."

"With the track record I have, I'm confident enough that the opportunities will still be there. Besides..." She smiled and looked at me intently, "Spending time with you every day is worth more than anything I can ask for."

"Oh, you two..." Mom smiled at us.

After finishing our dinner, we both prepared to head home. We were standing outside their mansion with Ichika and I, about to head inside the car.

"Are you really sure you don't want to stay the night?" Mom asked.

"We'll stay next time, just like what we did last week, alright?" I gave her a hug.