adopted

Age: 11

Your pov

"-and honestly i was just thinking why they're like that." I say.

My best friends Kayla laughs. The door opens. In walks Anna, the lady who owns the orphanage we live in.

"Hey girls. I have some good news for you Kayla!" Anna says.

My heart sinks. I know where this is going. But i have to be happy for her because being adopted for kids like us is amazing.

"What is it?" Kayla asks.

"You're being adopted!" Anna says.

Kayla gasps. She stands up. I look at her.

"I-I'm being adopted?" Kayla asks.

Anna nods. Kayla runs to Anna and hugs her. Anna hugs her back. A few weeks after Kayla's been adopted by her new family, I'm sat in the bedroom with the others. I haven't really felt the same since Kayla left.

"You'll be adopted too Y/n. I'm sure of it." Steph says.

I shake my head.

"It's not that. I miss Kayla." I say.

"Yeah we know. I'm sure she misses you too. How could she not?" Mia asks.

I smile a little. The next morning, i get out of bed and we all go get breakfast. I then go up to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I then change and lay on the bed. The other girls are outside playing about so I'm on my own. Which makes it easier to think when i dont have 7 year olds running around. Not that i dont love them. I adore them. They're so cute.

There's a knock on the door. It opens and Anna walks in with a bright smile on her face. I just smile.

"Hey Y/n. I know you miss Kayla. But i have some good news!!"

"Before you tell me, is Kayla still doing okay?" I ask.

She nods.

"Yeah she's doing amazing. She misses you. I know you miss her too. But here's some good news to make you feel a little better about it." Anna says.

I nod.

"You're being adopted! They're coming down today to meet you!"

"I'm..... I'm being adopted?" I ask.

She nods. A few hours pass and I'm sat in the room with Anna. There's a knock on the door and Anna opens it.

"Hi. I'm Perrie, this is Alex. You're Anna."

"Yes that's me. Come on in!"

I look at them. My heart sinks in my chest and i turn back around.

"This is Y/n. I'll leave you guys to get to know each other." Anna says.

My stomach drops. I look at Anna with worry on my face. She smiles that reassuring smile at me and then leaves. Perrie and Alex sit at the table with me.

"Hi Y/n. I'm Perrie. This is my husband Alex. I'm a singer and he's a footballer. We have a dog. Hatchi. He's a bit mean but he gets nicer." Perrie says.

"Then there's Jade and LeighAnne who are Perrie's bandmates. They're so sweet." Alex says.

"Do.... do you have another kid?" I ask.

"No. We spent a while deciding on what we wanted to do and eventually we decided on adopting. So you'll be our first." Perrie says.

I nod.

"Is me being adopted a..... uhm.... like forever thing?" I ask.

"Of course it is. We wouldn't adopt you and then put you back into an orphanage." Alex says.

I nod again.

"Do you have a favourite band that you like to listen to Y/n?" Perrie asks.

I nod.

"Yeah. They're called Little Mix. I've only heard their music. Never seen their video's but Anna got me like.... this mixtape for my birthday and it had all their songs on it. I love their music it's so like..... unique in a way. You know what i mean?" I ask.

Perrie smiles and nods.

"I completely understand what you mean. We try to get the love from younger listeners." Perrie says.

I frown.

"What do you mean we?" I ask.

"I said I'm a singer. Little Mix is the band i sing in. Me, Jade and LeighAnne are Little Mix." Perrie says.

"You are?" I ask.

Perrie smiles and nods.

"Yeah. I understand that you didn't know cos unless you see my face, you dont recognize me cos of the face that I'm geordie and sound nothing like i do when i sing." Perrie says.

I smile. Eventually, they sign some papers and take me to their home. I dont really know how to feel about living in such a... big house.

"C'mon Y/n. We're home!" Perrie exclaims.

I unbuckle myself from their car. I climb out of the car and close the door. I walk into their house and look around the main hall.

"Wow..... your house is massive." I say.

"Your room is big too Y/n. Wait until you see it." Alex says.

They take me up to my bedroom and i stand a little dazed when i walk in. The room is massive.

"Whoa..... and this is my room?" I ask.

"Yeah! It's amazing isnt it?" Perrie says.

"Are you sure this is my room? It's so much bigger than any room I've ever been in." I say.

"Yeah. It's all yours hon." Alex says.

I sit down on the literally king sized bed and look around my room.

"So? What do you think Y/n?" Perrie asks.

"I'm not used to a room this big." I say.

Perrie's pov

Right now, me Alex and Y/n are sat downstairs on the sofa. Y/n is definitely not sure about living in a house like this one but she'll get used to it.

She's sat crisscross applesauce on the sofa watching Harry Potter. She's actually never watched any of the movies before. We're watching the first one. The Philosopher's Stone. She's really into it.

"Who's your favourite so far?" Alex asks.

"Hermione. Without a doubt." Y/n says.

We smile. When the movie is finished, we put the second one on The Chamber of Secrets. It soon hits 9pm and Y/n is still watching Harry Potter.

"C'mon you gotta go to bed. We're gunna go out tomorrow and get you some new clothes." Alex says.

"You are?" Y/n asks.

"Yep. And you get to pick whatever you wanna wear." I say.

"I do?" Y/n asks.

We nod. Y/n smiles. We take Y/n to bed. Just before we leave, she hugs us. We hug back.

"Thank you." Y/n says.

"It's alright sweetheart." We say.

We pull back from the hug and leave her room. Me and Alex get into bed.

"I love that child already." Alex says.

I smile.

"I knew you'd immediately warm up to her. It's such a you thing to do." I say.

Alex smiles. Eventually, we fall asleep.

Thoughts? I quite like this one. Byeeee :)