Back from war

Age: 21

Perrie's pov:

Mine and Alex's daughter Y/n has been away at war with her squadron. She's been gone for over 2 years and god alone knows how much i miss her. She hasn't sent a letter for a few months and she promised she'd send a letter every month. She missed last month's letter. I just hope she's okay.

"Pez hon!"

I look around the door in the kitchen. Alex is holding a letter.

"It's from Y/n." He says.

I walk into the living room. Alex opens the letter. He reads it out.

"Dear mama and papa,
Sorry i missed last months letter. I know you'll be worried about me and i appreciate that i said every month. However things have been very busy the past few months. Being this month and last month. Sergeant Tommy got captured and we spent so long trying to find him. In the end we found him but i got injured in the process. I was shot in both the left arm and my stomach. I've been spending a few weeks recovering and that's why i missed last months letter. I'm fine right now, my injuries have recovered. Sergeant Tommy recovered. As of time writing this letter, all is quiet. I miss you both. Cant wait to see you all. Tell Axel I'll bring him something home. Tell him i miss him.
Love from Y/n."

"Thank god she's okay." I say.

"Do you think she'll be home soon?" Alex asks.

"I hope she is. I miss her so much." I say.

"Mama papa!" Our son Axel yells.

He runs into the living room.

"When's Y/n comin home? I miss her." Axel says.

"I dunno monkey. I hope soon. Me and papa miss her too. She said she misses you and will bring you something back though." I say.

Axel smiles.

A few days pass and we're all sat on the sofa watching move. While watching the movie, there's a knock on the front door. I go open it and there's a delivery man. He's holding a box.

"Hi. I didn't order anything." I say.

"We get these deliveries a lot. But, its been addressed to you with a message."

He passes me a letter and i grab the box. I sign for it and close the door. I take the box into the living room and Alex looks at me. Followed by Axel.

"What is it mama?" Axel asks.

I shrug and open the letter. It's from Y/n.

"What does it say Pez?" Alex asks.

"Dear mum and dad,
Hey again. I said i was gunna get Axel something and i did. Let him open it and get the excitement from opening it. I miss you all, see you soon.
Love Y/n."

I pass the box to Axel and he opens it. He gasps and pulls out the final part to his collection of teddies.

"Mama look!! Y/n got me it!!" He exclaims.

Me and Alex smile. Almost another 3 weeks pass. It's almost 12pm and the doorbell dings. I go to the door and open it and my heart literally just... boom that's all i can say.

It's Y/n.

"Who is it Pez!" Alex yells from the kitchen.

Y/n smiles.

"Can i come in?" Y/n asks.

I hug Y/n extreeeemely tightly. She laughs and hugs back.

"I've missed you so much." I say.

"I've missed you too mama. But can i come in?" Y/n asks.

"In a minute." I say.

"Pez who is it? Y/n?!" Alex asks.

"Hey papa." Y/n says.

She starts waking me and her into the house. I let go of Y/n and put a kiss on her forehead.

"I've missed you so so much." I say.

Alex hugs Y/n. Y/n hugs back. Axel walks into the living room. He gasps. Y/n looks at her little brother and smiles. Alex lets go of Y/n. Axel runs at her. He jumps and she catches him.

"I've missed you too ya little sausage!" Y/n says.

I smile.

"Ima call Jade and Leigh. Let em know Y/n's back." I say.

Alex nods. They soon show up. We all sit on the sofa.

"So what happened then? You were gone much longer than you were supposed to be." Jade says.

"Sergeant Tommy got captured. Then i got shot. I have two AMAZING scars from it." Y/n says.

I notice Axel watching in amazement. I just sit and listen, thankful my baby girl came back alive. She can just chill now. Lord knows she'll need it. I know Axel has missed her. They're literally the definition of two peas in a pod. Their relationship is so strong. She loves him more than words can say so lord knows how much they missed each other. All i know is that i love them both and I'm glad she's home.