Can we keep it?!?!

Age: 5

Perrie's pov

I'm sat at the park with my daughter and Alex. Alex is her step-dad but treats her better than Zayn did. He's an asshole to her. But she loves him more than anyone. I hate it.

Alex is with Y/n just pushing her on the swing and I'm just sat watching, a smile plastered on my face. I wish he was her dad. Honestly i do. They're like two peas in a pod. Honestly they're so close.

I love it.

"Slidess!!" Y/n says.

Alex smiles and picks her up. He lifts her out of the swing and puts her on the floor. She stumbles a little before running to the slide. Alex lets out a chuckle. At some point, Y/n slips off. She comes running back with a squirrel.

"Why have you got a squirrel?" I ask.

"Can we keep it?!?!" Y/n exclaims.

"Hun that's a squirrel. We cant keep a squirrel." I say.

"But why?" Y/n asks.

"Cos it's a wild animal hun. It could hurt you." I say.

Y/n looks at the squirrel. The squirrel looks at her. I swear they can understand each other. She puts the squirrel down. It looks at Y/n, then me, then Y/n and then runs off.

"C'mon. We can get some food on the way home."

Y/n immediately cheers up. When we get home, we sit on the sofa and eat the food. After we've eaten, we watch a movie and Y/n immediately falls asleep.

"Of all things. A squirrel." I say.

"She's a kid. Kids grab and want everything they see." Alex says.

"You're not wrong." I say.

Me and Alex just sit and watch the movie together. I love our little family.