Step-dad. request

Age 7

Your pov

I am not happy right now. Mama got a new boyfriend. I refuse to let him be my dad. Because he will never ever be like papa. I'm with Papa right now. Papa and Gigi are taking me home.

"I hear mama got a new boyfriend." Papa says.

"Yeah. I dont like him. At all. He's taking your place and i dont like it." I say.

Papa and Gigi smile.

"He wont take papa's place hun. He's like me. Your mama cant remain single forever hun. Just like papa cant remain single forever. They'll find a boyfriend and girlfriend. Papa found me. Mama found Alex. You'll understand when you're older. But he isn't taking over papa's place." Gigi says.

"I know but.... i just dont like him. He's trying to hard and he just doesn't have any of the same interests as me. He likes football. I dont. I dont like him." I say.

"You'll wamr up to him. I can guarantee it." Papa says.

When we get to mama's house, papa grabs my things and we go to the door. Papa knocks and mama answers.

"Thanks Zayn. Did you have fun with papa?" Mama asks.

I nod. Papa passes me my backpack. We hug.

"Me and Gigi are gunna pick you up after school on Tuesday. You can stay the night with us." Papa says.

"Thanks papa. Love you."

I go into the house.

"Hey Y/n." Alex says.

"Hey." I say.

I take my bag upstairs.

Alex's pov

Y/n doesn't like me. I know she doesn't. I know she thinks I'm gunna take over her dads place. It's a reasonable thought. I mean I'm a step-dad. I'm never gunna be the real dad. So i dont blame her for not liking me. It's gunna take some time to get her to like me.

3rd person pov

Almost 2 years pass. Alex has been trying so so hard to get you to like him. Right now, Alex, Perrie, Gigi and Zayn are sat watching your play. You play a kid who's mum and dad have broke up and they dont like the step-dad. Rather fitting. During the play, you seem to realise just how much of a difference having Alex around has made on you and Perrie. He's even made a difference on Zayn and Gigi.

You see him just sat with a smile on his face. He's proud of you. You can see it on his face. Eventually, the play finishes and you all bow. Alex was the first person to applaud.

You all leave the school and the first person you hug is Alex. Perrie, Alex, Zayn and Gigi stand surprised. Alex hugs back. He's finally got through to you. He couldn't be any happier.

Requested bye AJ_Mixer. Thank you. Byeeeee :)