First date. Request

Age: 15

Perrie's pov

Me and Alex are sat watching a movie together. The front door swings open and shuts. We look at our daughter Y/n. She's stood against the front door, breathing heavily. She's asthmatic. I pass her inhaler to her. She takes two puffs from it and lets out a deep breath.

"Okay what's goin on?" I ask.

"Do you remember me telling you about that girl i like?" Y/n asks.

Me and Alex nod.

"I asked her on a date not thinking she'd say yeah and she said yeah and now we're going on a date, TONIGHT, and i dont know what to do cos I've never been on a date before and i really want to impress her." Y/n says.

"That's amazing!" I say.

"No it isn't!" Y/n exclaims.

"I can help you babe. You'll be fine. Go shower. I'll help." I say.

Y/n nods and goes upstairs. I turn to Alex. He looks furious.

"Dont do this." I say.

"She's 15!" Alex says.

"Yeah and?"

"I dont want her goin on dates at 15. It's not good." Alex says.

"You were havin sex at 15 dont even start Alex." I say.

"That's besides the point Pez. She isn't old enough to even be thinking about dating anybody yet. Nevermind going ON dates. I dont want her going." Alex says.

"Yeah she is old enough. She's 15 Alex. You got your first girlfriend when you were 10. You dont have a leg to stand on. She's 15. It's hardly like she's going on a date at 12 years old." I say.

I go upstairs and start helping Y/n get ready for her date.

"Y/n i dont want you going on this date." Alex says.

"Alex shut up." I say.

"Why?" Y/n asks.

"Because you're not old enough yet. You're 15. You should've thought twice before offering her out on a date. You're not going." Alex says.

"Yeah you're right." Y/n says.

"No. No absolutely not! Alex go away! Right now! We'll talk about this later. You're not putting our girls confidence down before she has a date with the girl she likes." I say.

"Perrie-"

"I SAID GO AWAY!" I yell.

He goes away. I roll my eyes and shut her bedroom door.

"Maybe he's right mama." Y/n says.

"No. He isn't. You're 15. He was having sex at 15 and ye had his first girlfriend at 10. He hasn't a leg to stand on Y/n. C'mon. Lets get you on this date." I say.

Eventually, i have her ready. I drop her off at the place her and the girl are meeting at.

"Be careful girls! Call me if you need anything!" I say.

"We will!" They say.

I drive home. When i get home, i slam the front door shut.

"Dont you ever do that again Alex. Instead of making your daughter, your 15 year old daughter, feel like she's still a child you should be making her feel happy and ready to go on this date. You should make her feel like her dad is proud of her growing a pair of balls and telling the girl she likes that she likes her. Because I'm proud of her." I say.

"I am proud of her." Alex says.

"Then why dont you fuckin show it next time?! Instead of making out that she's still a child!"

Alex looks down.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"It's not me you should be apologising to." I say.

At about 9pm, i go pick Y/n back up. We drop the girl off home and then go home. Y/n is buzzed about how well the date went. I've never seen her any happier. When we get home, we see Alex just sat on his phone. He looks up.

"Hey dad." Y/n says.

"Hey. I just want to apologise for how i was earlier. It was horrible of me to do and I'm sorry." Alex says.

"It's okay. I forgive you. You were just being protective." Y/n says.

Alex smiles.

"So. How'd it go?" He asks.

Y/n smiles. She sits and explains it all. I couldn't be any happier right now. I'm proud of her. So very proud.

Requested by AJ_Mixer.

Hope you enjoyed. Byeeeee :)