Parental clash. Request

Age 12

Your pov

Okay. So. Hi. I'm Y/n. This is a stupid story I'm abouta tell. I have a mum, dad and step-dad. My dad and step-dad don't get along at all. Whenever I'm supposed to be with dad and Gigi for the day, Alex and dad clash because Alex wanted to take me to play football for the day. Then whenever Alex is good to take me for football for the day, dad and Alex clash becasuse dad wants to take me for movies with him and Gigi.

Mum hates that they dont get along. It pisses me off so much. Neither me or mum can understand why they cant just learn to grow up and get along. Sometimes dad takes me, sometimes Alex takes me. Why dont they understand that?

Anyways. Today is mine and dads day together. We're set to play videogames together. All day. Gigi, my step-mum, is out with her sisters and mum which leaves me and dad with the house to play videogames all day.

I have Gigi to thank for this because when dad brought it up to her, she was down to spend the day with her mum and sisters. So big up to Gigi.

I'm gathering some stuff when i hear a knock on the front door. I go to it but Alex gets there first. He opens it and sees dad.

"Hey. What's up?" Alex asks.

"I'm picking Y/n up. We're spending the day together." Dad says.

I wave to him. He smiles.

"I thought today was my day." Alex says.

I roll my eyes. Here we go. Dad shakes his head.

"Nope. No today is my day." Dad says.

"Perrie!" Alex yells.

Mum walks in.

"Hey Zayn. You here to pick Y/n up?" Mum asks.

"Yeah."

"I thought today was my day." Alex says.

"No i already told you that today is Zayn's day." Mum says.

"Well what if i say you're not taking her anywhere?" Alex asks.

They get into an argument. Mum tries to intervene but she gets stopped. I roll my eyes and decide to add my notes to this.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yell.

All three adults look at me, surprised.

"I'm sick and tired of you two fighting all the damn time! Stop trying to fight for my affection! YOU'VE BOTH GOT IT ALREADY! I love you both! Fuck me i mean there's a schedule! Alex has me one day, dad and Gigi have me another! Why are you two always fighting whenever either one of you meet?! I dont understand why you cant just get along for once! I'm with dad today meaning Alex has me all day tomorrow. I'm staying over night with dad and Gigi on Thursday after school. Then I'm here on Friday. Okay?!"

Dad and Alex nod. I go back upstairs and grab my things. Mum walks into my room about 10 minutes later.

"I did not expect you to snap like that. I think it was needed though. They need to stop continuously fighting all the time. It's annoying that they cant just get along. But goddamn girl you got some anger." Mum says.

I just laugh.

"It pisses me off that they dont even look at the schedule. Christ. It's got that bad we have to make a schedule for them. I get that they both love me. I mean what is it?"

"I think they're scared that if they dont try hard enough, they're goint to lose you. They both love you with every bone in their bodies. They're trying too hard and it's becoming annoying. But they love you and just dont wanna lose you." Mum says.

"They're not going to. They never will." I say.

I grab my bag of things and leave my room. Alex and Dad are talking.

"I cant believe we got yelled at by a 12 year old." Alex says.

Dad laughs.

"Honestly neither can i. I've never ever heard her yell like that im my life." Dad says.

"I'm ready to go." I say.

They look at me.

"We just wanted to apologise for being assholes. You're completely right and we just dont want you to slip away from us. You're getting older and we just dont want to watch you grow up without the chance of being able to-"

"I forgive you. The only reason i snapped was because it had been a continuous battle between you both and i was getting frustrated cos i just wanna go play some video games." I say.

They let out a laugh.

"C'mon then. Thanks guys. See you later tonight." Dad says.

Me and dad leave the house and go to his house. Hopefully things will be normal now.

Requested by AJ_Mixer. Thank you. Byeeeeee :)

Also, that was the last of the requests. Bye guysss :)