New dad

Age: 14

Your POV

I'm really really not happy. My dad died about a year and a half ago. And my mum has gone and got a new boyfriend. I'm currently ranting to my girlfriend about this because I'm really really not happy and mum knows I'm not happy too.

"Babe, why dont you talk to her about it." Jen says.

"Cos I'm not talking to her right now." I say.

"Babe you need to talk to her." Jen says.

"No."

"Y/n your step dad might be the nicest man alive and god alone knows your mum needs someone in her life to fill the gap your dad left. You gotta understand it from her point of view." Jen says.

I hate it when she's right about these things. I sigh.

"You know I'm right." Jen says.

"Y/n!" Mum yells from downstairs.

I sigh again.

"Okay. I'll call you back in a bit." I say.

"Give him a chance." Jen says.

"I will."

"Good. I'll talk to you later."

The call ends. I sigh, put my phone in my pocket and go downstairs. I sneak down the stairs. I notice a picture of me, mum and dad. My dad was none other than Zayn Malik. My parents loved each other. More than anybody would ever believe.

So, to say my dad's death hit hard would be a devastating understatement.

I hear mum talking to my 'new dad'.

"She's gunna be hostile towards you for a while. But please dont let that push you away. Her dad ment the world to her and his death has hit her way harder than I'd anticipated. She's not been best pleased with me recently but i promise you, she's really really nice and you will love her." Mum says.

"It's not gunna push me away. I'll wait as long as it takes for her to open up. Cant rush it. It'll happen when it happens." He says.

I take a deep breath and walk down the rest of the stairs. They look at me and mum smiles.

"Hey! So i have someone for your to meet." Mum says.

"Go on." I say.

"This is Alex." Mum says.

He smiles and holds out a hand. Debating shaking his hand but Jen said at least try so I'm gunna try.

I shake his hand.

"Hello." I say.

"It's nice to meet you." He says.

"Yeah you too." I say.

I let go of his hand and put both my hands in my pockets.

"Why dont you two go on a walk together and get to know one another?" Mum suggests.

I shrug.

"Sure."

I notice a smile on Alex's face. I go put my shoes and jacket on. I grab my phone and go on a walk with Alex.

Perrie's POV

When Alex and Y/n leave, i sit on the sofa and call Jade who's with Leigh right now. Jade answers.

"Hey Pez!"

"Hey girls." I say.

"How's it going? With Alex and Y/n?" Leigh asks.

"Well, i suggested they take a walk together and Y/n agreed. Which made Alex's face light up. So they're out on a walk right now." I say.

"Good to know that Y/n is open to it." Jade says.

"Yeah. I just hope they really do get along because we all know how hard it hit Y/n when her dad died." I say.

Your POV

Alex got me ice cream and now we're sat in a tree together. I will admit, he's cool. We ate our ice creams going to the tree though.

"Y/n i wanna tell you something." Alex says.

"Uh-huh." I say.

"I'm not here to try to replace your dad. I know that your dad was an important person to you so I'm not going to try to be him. I'm just gunna be there for you. I'm not here to replace your dad. But i am here for you. Like a father figure but not your dad. And i do know that it'll take some time for you to trust me and i completely get that. But, i just want you to know that I'm gunna be here for you. For whatever you need. Be it just to chill or to talk and get things off your chest." Alex says.

We spend a little longer in the tree before deciding to go home.

When we get home, i go upstairs. I did respond to Alex by the way.

Alex's POV

When we get back to Perrie's house, Y/n goes upstairs and i sit next to Perrie on her sofa.

"How'd it go?" Perrie asks.

"Well, we got ice cream and went to a tree. At the ice cream going to the tree and sat and talked in the tree. I told her I'm not here to be her dad more like support if she needs it." I say.

Perrie nods.

Your POV

"So how did it go?" Jen asks.

"We got ice cream and he told me that he's not trying to be my dad." I say.

"I told you it'd be okay." Jen says.

"I really hate it when you're so right about things." I say.

"It's cos I'm amazing. And you love me. So you dont hate it." Jen says.

I sigh.

"Yeah i suppose." I say.

"I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Jen says.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." I say.

"I love you too."

The call ends. I just lay there. I hope he isn't lying to me.

Thoughts? Byeeeee :)