Coming out. Request

Age: 17

Perrie's POV

Me and Alex are currently sat watching a movie in the living room. Y/n comes down to us and sits on the solo seat. We look at her.

"Can i talk to you guys about something?" She asks.

We nod. Alex pauses the movie and we sit up.

"This has took a lot of thinking and.... thinking.... but i need you guys not to tell me it's a phase because i know its not." Y/n says.

We nod.

"Of course we wont hon. Talk to us." I say.

She looks between us both and lets out a deep breath.

"I'm trans." She says.

That catches me by surprise a little bit but i cant say i haven't been expecting it. Because i have.

"Okay, what are your pronouns to start off with?" I ask.

"He/him." He says.

Me and Alex nod.

"And what's your new name?" Alex asks.

"Random name"

*its 1am. Brain gone weee about an hour ago*

We nod.

"Okay. Well, we love you and we're very proud of you. How about, tomorrow, we take you clothes shopping and to get you a haircut?" I suggest.

He smiles and nods.

"Yes please." He says.

"Then we will do that."

He hugs us and runs off upstairs.

"I'm proud of him. That must've taken a lotta guts to do. Never easy coming out." I say.

"No i cant even imagine what thoughts must've been sprinting through his mind at 900mph. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I dunno about you." Alex says.

"No i wouldn't. Takes guts to do that. But we have to support and love him because he trusted us enough to tell us. So we have to show to him that we love him unconditionally."

Alex nods. We continue watching the movie and thinking of ways we can help our son transition into who he needs to be.

Thanks to LegoColeo for requesting this one. Byeeeee :)