Python's misery.....

Raghu stood in the corner of the room, silent and sympathetic. He was inside python's room for like an hour or so, but he wasn't required in the room honestly. Rudrakshi was already inside the room or more specifically with python.
"Chup ho jaa ab.....sab hasenge phir varna, itna bada ho gya hai phir bhi aise bacchon jaise rota hai...." she stroked his back as he hugged her tightly and cried. Raghu was still quiet.
"She........ isn't talking to me......" he blubbered as his tears wetted her expensive coat, but she never cared about the clothes so that's ok.
"If you'll scare her like this than how would she talk to you......you need to go easy on her python she's just a small girl. She hasn't gone through what we had in our lives and that's what makes her so ignorant about your feelings. But that's not her fault.......you need to calm down and behave like a normal guy. Do you want me to fix your appointment with any psychiatrist, I mean it might help in mitigating your insanity......" she said softly as python clunged to her like a Koala bear. He looked at her and she felt pity on him, his face was red and tears adroitly covered his sharp features with them.
"She....... isn't taking up my calls...... and..... and........" he burst out into more tears before completing. Rudrakshi glared at raghu who gave her an 'I didn't do anything' kind of a look.
"Ab aise royega to kya baat kar legi tujhse vo...... acha chal rona band kar. Ghar ke naukar mazaak banayenge tera agar aise royega to......chup ho jaa chal..." she said and wiped his tears. He sniffed.
"Python please.....stop crying. You need to be patient with her......I mean, she isn't interested in you and if it offends you than I'm sorry but it's what it is. Look, for centuries we've been taught that a woman should only fall for a prince charming who's about her age, does everything 'good', supports her at every thick and thin, fights for her and ofcourse, he shouldn't be possessive or overprotective or obsessive. But that's where the fairy tales went astray, you can't get everything. You know what's the problem with majority of the people around here is, that they fall for the wrong person even when the right person is just in front of them. And how can you even expect people who went along with Raoul winning Christine while the poor phantom is cursed to live forever by himself with just his unrequited love for Christine, to think that your love is normal. If I am honest, than obviously your love isn't normal.... you're obsessed with her and I completely agree that you suffer from psychosis, to some extent. But..... the truth is that no one can love madhushree the way you do. Not every guy knows his limits and sticks to them but you do. Your way of loving can be ghastly but your love is true........ and she would be doing the biggest mistake of her life if she fails to see it. But you too python......you just need to be patient, you need to see that she's just a fragile girl who has a psychopath tech behemoth obsessively in love with her, she is finding difficult to cope up with it. So please...... please, be patient and try to not let your obsession overpower you...." raghu ended his speech and you need to applaud him for his shrewd words. Python sniffed as more tears rolled down his eyes.
"Mujhe nahi pata ki pyaar mei intezaar kaise karte hai ya phir pyaar hi kaise karte hai....... mujhe to bas itna pata hai ki maine madhu se bohot pyaar kiya hai, itna pyaar jitna maine khud se bhi nahi kiya hai. Ab to yaa meri zindagi mei madhu hai yaa phir meri zindagi hi nahi hai....." he whispered with tears, rudrakshi clasped his hand tightly and stared into his teary eyes.
"Bohot bolne laga hai ajkal, ab ek shabd aur nahi. Tujhe vo ladki chahiye aur hume teri khushi......hum jayenge baat karne usse. Tu rona band kar...... Pandit, jaa jaake shagun ki taiyaarian kar....." she stated in a voice that brooked no denial. Raghu would've challenged python's decision but he can nohow go against her, hence he bowed and left.
"Please tell her how much I love her....." he pleaded with a whisper, she nodded and he once again hugged her like a Koala bear.

Around two in the noon, the doorbell rang in the chawlas house. Madhushree impetuously strode towards the door and unlocked it with a constant fear of python on the door. But today wasn't a bad day, well to some extent, because on the door she saw a woman whose everything screamed dominance, she was extremely tall perhaps only an inch or two shorter than python but more scary than him whatsoever. Madhushree knew her, she was Rudrakshi Bajpayee, python's best friend. Behind her was a nervous raghu who was brazenly ignored.
"Um......" madhushree didn't knew what to say, should she invite her in???
"Madhu." her husky voice deepened her blush, she was a good personality to develop a crush on. Even python doesn't takes her name with this ferocity, that felt sexy, don't lie.
"What happened baby doll, can't speak???" she stated impassively.
"Um yes......" she said nervously and she stepped forward, madhushree receded back nervously. Madhushree wanted to object but objections aren't allowed in front of the arsenal keeper.
"I......I......"
"Andar chalo madhu.....dhoop mei mat khadi ho....." and with that rudrakshi was inside the house and so was madhushree. In the meantime, mohan and others reached the scene. Rudrakshi removed her glasses off and looked at the stupefied faces.
"Don't stare at me like this, I am no alien. And you must be mohan, you deepali and the other two are unnecessary peeps, I am right..... right????" said she as she fiddled with her glasses. Mohan blushed deeply while deepali was just about to go dazed.
"Absolutely right......" mohan and deepali said in unison but that's another thing that they glared at each other after that. Rudrakshi shook her head before gesturing raghu for something. Raghu ran to the door and came in with quite a few neatly dressed workers each bearing a golden plate which had a velvet veil upon them which creased irregularly showing something or the other was inside the veil. The chawlas were tensed.
"What's all this......" lata asked astounded. Rudrakshi didn't reply until she was seated upon the couch.
"Foolish woman, your daughter's in-laws are here and not even a glass of water is proffered, what society tolerates this sort of ill-mannerism. Go and fetch a glass of water for me and this grotesque girl beside you will take care of the snacks.....go right away, I don't like to repeat myself...." rudrakshi's dominating voice had chills running down their spines and therefore the addressed people quickly left the scene. Rudrakshi looked at mohan and gestured him to sit, he compliantly followed.
"Unveil them....." she ordered and one by one the plates were unveiled. All were left agape in astonishment once they saw what was in it, all sorts of luxury which you can or can't think of was there..... like really. Jewelleries, clothes, gems, sweets and what not, you say and here it was.
"What's....... What's......." mohan was too shocked to speak, rudrakshi sighed and looked at him.
"Shagun, that's what we call it in my place......I don't know what do you guys call it. Nevertheless, it's a formal thing which we do before marriage. And I don't think so that I need to tell every single thing like why have I brought this etc etc etc...... you're a smart man, I suppose....." rudrakshi stated and mohan was fuming. Madhushree gasped.
"Thakur Sahab, I very politely ask you to take this all back, my sister doesn't wants your best friend...... I request you, please try to fit this in his mind. Madhu doesn't feel for him....." mohan stated with a voice not far from yelling. Rudrakshi rubbed her glasses on her coat.
"Par humara python to bas apki behen ke baare mei hi sochta rehta hai. Madhu..... Madhu.......Madhu......dusra koi naam hi nahi. Ab aap hi btaiye, kya kare hum uska......kyunki python to manega nahi, aapki behen ko hi manna padega." mohan was left shocked, python and his best friend both preferred talking in Hindi, nonetheless this was a serious shit. Madhushree began sniffling.
"But......I don't love him......" madhushree said with tears. Rudrakshi sighed.
"That won't do anything baby doll..... python loves you and that's what matters to me. Look, he's a good guy......yes I understand he can be a freak sometimes but other than that he's really sweet. One of us has to give up his ego and obviously it would be you baby girl because in my realm ego is what makes you you, you're sweet little girl and I don't wanna involve you in the dark stuff I am in or we're in, me and python, it's all convoluted and dangerous but you my dear, you just need to understand a very tiny thing...... we're bad people, get it little one, we're monsters and you don't mess with monsters, hm. People like me or python aren't usually this sweet and welcoming for everyone, but you have always witnessed a sweet side of us coz that's how we want you to be with us. Listen love, regardless of what you think of me or python, we just want you to love him and hold on..... hold on sweetheart, before you start blubbering like a baby, none of us is going to hurt you. I assure you and your family that you'll lead a life of a queen, that's my promise. I swear, madhu you will be the happiest girl in this entire universe.......all you need to just say is yes, just say yes. I know you are scared...... billionaires have tons of women finding ways to seduce him but I know python better than he knows himself, for forty years of his life he was just a......a hermit, i should say. Python will kill himself even if a thought of betraying you crossed his mind. Please dear........ look, I don't request multiple times. If you don't do what I want you to...... it's gonna be a problem. I adore you dear, but I love my best friend more and it all comes to this that if you defy me........I shall be forced to do something horrifying, something which you wouldn't appreciate......." rudrakshi's threat literally spooked the family and they were speechless. Python was way better than her but don't you say it to mohan or deepali because both had a crazy crush upon her. Madhushree starting tearing up.
"Please........ Please I beg you.......I don't love him...... please......" she pleaded with tears, not finding the courage to yell on her. Rudrakshi placed her glasses on the table.
"Come here....." she asked madhushree to sit beside her, poor girl had no option but to follow her. She sat next to her with tears rolling down her eyes. Rudrakshi tucked some loose strands of her hairs behind her ear and looked into her eyes.
"Bahu ho humare ghar ki tum, roti hui achi nahi lagti ho.......rona band karo. Dushman nahi hai hum tumhare, tumhara bura nahi chahte, agar tumhari jagah python ko kisi airi gairi ladki se pyaar ho jaata to hum kisi bhi keemat pe uski shaadi nahi hone dete. Par hum python ki shaadi tumse karana chahte hai......kyunki tum bohot pyaari ho. Hum tumhe bohot pasand karte hai madhu aur sirf tumhe hi hum apne ghar ki bahu banayenge......ab ye humari zidd hai." rudrakshi said wiping her tears. Madhushree didn't knew how to react, was python not enough that his best friend also came to wreck havoc in her life. She didn't wanted him, well for the most part, than why are they forcing her. Nonetheless she knew she could shout on python but not on her, hence silently wept.

Madhushree sat musing about random things late in the night. Rudrakshi scared her but somehow she also provided a weird sense of security. Madhushree was ambivalent about her. She was a kind of a person who's only sweet to the people she adores, thankfully she was one of them, while for the rest of the world she was pure diabolical. Abruptly her phone rang and a frown appeared upon her face. Who can it be after all!!!! Python, the great ofcourse. She was all set to hit the red button but then she was ignoring his calls since morning, she should answer this time or he will start throwing all the cutlery around his room. She picked up.
"Hello....." she said rudely. 
"Bahar khada hu, balcony mei aao....." He said with a sniff and her mouth hung open.
"This man....." she muttered chagrined as she strode towards the balcony. There he was, leaning against the bonet and looking up at the balcony. She glared at him.
"Are you mad.......what are you doing here this late....... don't you sleep!!!!" she whisper-yelled as she cautiously scrutinized the surroundings to make sure no one was lumbering around. He sniffed as he looked up with his puppy dog eyes which threatened to melt her heart.
"Tum......Tum mujhse baat kyu nhi kar rahi ho madhu......gussa ho kya mujhse. I'm sorry.......gussa mat karo please....." he spoke up in a voice which was kinda adorable, like a five year old asking his mum to talk to him when she fakes anger on him. She slapped her hand on her forehead, like why on earth was this problem entwined to her.
"Mr. Python will you just go....... we'll talk tomorrow ok....." she implored him to go but he was an obdurate big boy.
"Nahi pehle tum bolo ki tum mujhse gussa nahi ho......." he sniffed again. The fog was growing thicker in this hour of the night and madhushree feared that he might catch sniffles if he continued standing outside in this foggy night.
"Ok I am not angry with you, now please go......" she said and he grinned like a cheshire cat.
"My car's battery is dead......I can't go...." he said with a grin. She gaped at him in shock.
"What????? Now how will you go....." asked madhushree anxiously. Python stuffed his hands in his pockets.
"Got no idea...." He stated casually. Madhushree was fraught, she obviously can't leave him freezing under this cold weather than what she can do...... only one option remains. She bit her lower lip and that bastard saw it from approx 6 feet down and groaned inwardly.
"You stay there, I'm coming down....." she said and left for the door. He smirked. She opened the door for him and found him smirking stupidly.
"I'm doing it just because I don't want to see anyone freezing in front of my house....... don't get second thoughts....." she said narrowing her lids as she gestured him to follow her.
"I get third and fourth thoughts baby girl....... which are absolutely dark....." he muttered under his breath as he followed her to her room.
"You can sleep inside my room for the night...... I'll sleep in the guest room....." said she with a sigh. He leaned against the bevelled edge of the doorframe and folded his muscular arms.
"Mujhe akele darr lagega, tum bhi so jao na mere saath......" he said with a stupid smirk playing on his lips. She glared at him and stormed towards the guest room. He chuckled.
"Are sachme darr lagega mujhe.......baat to suno, are......." he shouted behind her, she muttered imprecations under her breath and left him for good.
___________________________________________
Every single vote counts and every single follower adds up to my family. So make sure you leave a vote and also follow me if you are liking this novel.