The marriage proposal.....

"Madhu, could you please come here for a moment dear...." Mohan called madhushree in his usual affectionate voice while digging his eyes into the newspaper. Madhushree lower down her eyes and quietly walked towards him. Mohan folded the paper and tossed it on the table before throwing a glance at her. He gently held her hand and gestured her to sit in front of him. She acquiesced.
"Madhu dear, do you trust me???? Do you believe that whatever I've done in my life, it's just to see that smile on your face....." he asked softly and she looked up into his chocolate brown eyes which were brimming with benevolence and love. She felt that he was hurt after she let python inside and that 'wrong' intimacy between them last night.
"Brother python came unannounced yesterday and I......"
"Madhu......Madhu..... relax, I am aware that python came into the house last night and I am not talking about him....." mohan assured her, she sighed in relief. Atleast he isn't upset with her about last night.
"That's all you know.......why don't you mention that you already know what took place between them on her bed. Huh!!!! Just look at your 'dear sister'...... couldn't even wait for marriage....... lemme guess, now she'll once again make lame excuses that python did everything while in reality it was she who initiated it. Bitch....." malini scowled in disdain and madhushree was badly hurt with her words. Did she think so low about her???? All she did was a kiss and why was she so fuming by the way, it's between her and python and technically she shouldn't interfere. Mohan glared at her.
"Malini, I detest python because madhu doesn't wants him......if she had reciprocated his feelings than I would've happily agreed to this relationship. And whatever happened between them, firstly you shouldn't have peeped like a peeping tom and secondly, didn't you feel ashamed when you told me, your brother, about the events of last night and that too explicitly. Malini, I know it will hurt you and trust me that's exactly what I wanna do to you, I trust madhu, I even trust python but I don't trust you. You told me that madhu shamefully handed over her virtue to python but lemme tell you, python would never go this far before their marriage. So you better shut that trap and get lost......" mohan snapped at her and she was stunned. Madhushree quietly sat with eyes downcast and fingers clutching the fabric of her dupatta. Malini muttered curses under her breath and stormed outside. Following her departure, mohan looked back at madhushree. He held her quivering fingers in his manly hand and started.
"Madhu I know you are tired of python........I know it's not easy to deal with a psychopath and a rich psychopath is lethal. Here......see this....." he probed inside his office bag and produced a medium size photograph. He stamped the picture on the table and gave a little push with his fingers, the picture slithered towards madhushree. She picked up the picture and discovered an average looking boy with grey eyes, crew cut hairs and stubble beard, smiling at her. He was pretty fair in complexion unlike python who was a dusky god. Besides he didn't had that manly look, although he was a man but actually more on the cuter side not on the handsome side. He was pretty cute but he can nohow beat python in handsomeness.
"That's my company's HR manager's elder son......" told mohan looking into her eyes. She gave him a confused look.
"But why are you showing me this???" she asked curiously. Mohan chuckled while resting his one leg over the other, a habit which he recieved from their father.
"When I told my HR manager about python and his madness, he gave a very simple solution to me. He suggested to marry you off to a decent guy and obviously python or any other man can't do anything once the girl is married to somebody else. He is a general physician in bhopal and he is a decent boy.......I am pretty sure he'll make a great husband. I know his father very well, he hails from a very simple family........ the family's good and I have already shown your picture to them, they at once said yes. The boy is ready to marry you. However, I won't go against you madhu. If you don't approve of this proposal than I won't proceed further. But in my opinion you should atleast consider the proposal, that's the only way we can escape python...." he kept everything before her and she heard him shocked. It felt as if earth had slipped away from under her feet. Marriage!!!!!! With this cute boy....... she was distraught, that's all I can say. It wasn't that the boy had any issues, the problem was her own feelings about python. After days of knowing him and spending time with him, she was pretty sure that she didn't wished to escape him. Although she didn't loved him but that doesn't mean she thought of him as a despicable monster.
"What happened madhu???? Is there a problem......I have given my word to them but if you have any problem than I will pull back....." mohan stated and she looked at him in dismay. There was no way out their she would let her brother down, her brother had always been a father to him and she very well knew that if he steps back than his name, his reputation will have to face the consequences. Her feelings for python weren't of love but surely not of hatred, nonetheless those feelings are not bigger than her brother's respect and she can absolutely give up on her feelings just for her brother's reputation.
"Brother, the guy you've chosen for me.......I am pretty sure he must be exceedingly good for me. I have no objections.......I will marry the one you choose for me...." she tried to keep her tears at bay and forced a smile upon her lips. Mohan was elated and he quickly captured her in a hug.
"O dear madhu......I am so happy!!!!" mohan whispered smiling. Tears ran down her eyes as she hugged her brother, thinking about the man who worships her.