The tender touch

"It's already 10.......where is he!!!!!" cried madhushree pacing athwart in the room. Raghu sighed.
"C'mon Mrs. Python, there must be some work.......... he'll be back soon...." he assured her. She folded her arms and huffed.
"Is this any time for a married man to be out!!!!! Let him come.......I won't spare him today....." she muttered all worked up. Raghu resisted his urge to chuckle at her unnecessary anxiety. And then the feeble footfalls were heard and it was certained that the tech giant was wending in. Madhushree put on a fiercer look and stood a little beyond the door to confront him. Few seconds later he was standing on the threshold, but not alone, behind him was the crush of all, Rudrakshi Bajpayee. Python was taken aback to find her all flushed and red.
"Baby......." he whispered warily to which madhushree narrowed down her eyes into tiny slits.
"Where were you????" she asked sternly and he won't say but he was kinda intimidated with that look. He scratched his nape and chuckled.
"Um baby.......I was in the office........" he faltered and seeing that she wasn't impressed, his anxiety reached its vertex.
"The office ends at 8 and it takes less than an hour to reach the bungalow, and today Delhi roads were for the most part free from traffic, therefore it discards the prospect of you getting stuck in a nasty traffic which comes to this that you are lying.......now if you love your life then tell me truthfully where were you!!!!" her flushed face literally daunted him, he was actually skidding more or less towards rudrakshi for he was freaked out. Her face was rather close to him, although it barely reached his chest but her influence was tremendous on him. He gulped. Rudrakshi smirked, eyeing python slyly.
"I........I........I.........." he stuttered aghast. Abruptly her eyes turned wide and he grew more terrified.
"Come here......" she ordered. He warily trudged towards her, she grabbed his shirt and took a sniff of him.
"You're drunk........Hawwww!!!!!" she yelled, livid. He shuddered and ran towards rudrakshi, hiding behind her while she looked at him blankly.
"I....... didn't wanted to baby..........rudra forced me to drink........I don't even know any other drink apart from cold drink......" he stammered but it only added fuel to the fire. Madhushree looked at rudrakshi with questioning eyes.
"What!!!!! Don't stare at me like this.......Look at me, do I look like like I've been drinking???" rudrakshi said impassively and madhushree stopped short.
"Yes.......you don't look drunk. I see......so you, Mr. Python are lying to your teeth..........but I know what to do with you......." she said gnashing her pearly white teeth. Python and rudrakshi both were fraught.
"What do you mean baby????" asked python dubiously. Madhushree feigned a smile.
"You are sleeping outside the house today....... c'mon scoot......" she said folding her arms. Python stopped short at her words, for a second he thought he had misheard but that stern look in her eyes claimed the contrary. He looked at her with puppy dog eyes.
"You are joking right.......baby......." he whimpered. She stared at him blankly.
"Out of my House, NOW......." and he yelped. Rudrakshi inwardly smirked, because listen, we all love when our best friend's getting rebuked. He once again looked at her in hopes that she would somehow change her judgement but it didn't happen and he had to move outside the house.

The night was falling darkly upon the capital. The moon peeked occasionally from behind the clouds in the starless night. Under the deathly snare of the night, python and rudrakshi stood in the huge garden, beside his car on the rear of which were two whisky bottles sitting upon the trunk of the car.
"You can't do this madhu.......... I'm the man of the house........." he shouted outside, totally wasted. Rudrakshi popped a graham cracker into her mouth and chuckled inwardly.
"You need to be a little more louder....... you're the boss of this house after all!!!!!" she provoked him and he tried to stand straight upright, although couldn't for he was drunk.
"Did you hear me madhu......... just take me in or else........"
"IF YOU SHOUT ONCE MORE THEN I WILL HAVE YOUR BED PERMANENTLY SHIFTED TO THE LAWN.......DID YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!" madhushree yelled from the window of the second floor. Python whined.
"Baby please take me in........I promise I won't do anything........I won't drink ever......." he blubbered like a toddler and she huffed. He indeed was impossible. Rudrakshi sipped her whisky and awaited her response.
"Fine....... come in, and don't you dare come home drunk like this ever. I swear I'll kick you out of the Delhi next time......" She said and went inside. Python grinned. Rudrakshi rolled her eyes.
"Oye yrrrr, daaru to tune mere se zyada pee, magar tereko chadi kyu nahi......" he asked her and hiccuped. Rudrakshi gestured him to come nearer and he happily did so.
"I have a huge capacity.........got it......" she stated and he looked at her with the eyes of an impressed toddler.
"Wowww yaar......... you're a genius......" his eyes twinkled as he said that. Rudrakshi rolled her eyes and dragged him in. Inside, madhushree was already waiting for them in her room. Python came doddering inside assisted by rudrakshi.
"Here's your delivery madam........ I'll take your leave now......." rudrakshi told madhushree. Madhushree wanted to stop her for the night but knowing that python wouldn't sleep until she's here, she gave up the thought. Python, however looked at her dubiously.
"Why.........am I not good enough????" this was pretty out of the context statement but he was drunk, so nobody bothered. Rudrakshi helped him in laying on the bed.
"Take care of him, I'll see you tomorrow........ I'm in Delhi for a couple of days!!!!" said rudrakshi. Madhushree smiled while python was still looking at her with suspecting eyes.
"Where are you going?????" he asked, sprawled on the bed. She looked at him blankly.
"Congratulations madhu, you got a kid free with a husband........ enjoy......" she jeered before whisking out of the room leaving the two alone. When she'd left, madhushree turned towards python who was watching her in a way as if a toddler watches his mother after she had scolded him.
"What was the need for drinking so much!!!!! Do you want to be an inebriate........?????" she asked firmly and he peeked at her from under the pillow.
"Khushi mei nahi pee raha tha, dukh mei pee raha tha.......aur tumne mere se pucha bhi nahi ki maine kyu pee bas daant diya........ humesha daant ti rehti ho mujhe......" he complained like a 5 year old. She looked at him flabbergasted.
"Oh really, then tell me the reason......" she asked sitting beside him on the edge of the bed. He sat up and sniffed.
"Rudra na...... mujhe dosti mei cheat kar rahi hai......." sniffs and blubbers "uska mere alawa koi aur dost bhi hai......" and he falls upon the bed and blubbers like a baby. Madhushree didn't know how to react. She was astonished, like one part of her wanted to laugh at his innocence while the other part wanted to pinch his cheeks for he was too damn adorable. She curb herself from laughing out like crazy.
"And why do you think that????" she asked softly. He turned his pouty face towards him and she went awe. Tears were running down his eyes like a second grader crying after his friend stopped talking to him.
"When I text her she takes 20 seconds to reply back, can you imagine 20 seconds......... besides I have seen her talking to someone on the phone quite a few times. She has someone else in her life..........God!!!!! She's cheating on me......" and he went on blubbering. She chuckled and rested her chin upon her fist, adoring him.
"Perhaps it must be a good friend, but that doesn't mean she's cheating on you Adi......... people can have multiple people in their lives but that doesn't mean they don't love the one they care about the most......." she told him. He whined.
"You don't understand......... she's betrayed me!!!!! Am I not good enough for her........." he sniffed and she laughed.
"Adi, you're just overthinking.......she is your best friend, she can have other friends but no one can take your place......" she tried softly. He looked at her misty-eyed and sniffed.
"Tumhe pata nahi hai, vo usi kalmuhe se milne gayi hai........mai uss kaminey ka muh tod dunga........vo meri best friend ko mere se cheen ke le gaya......." he cried vindictively and she laughed. She cupped his face.
"Ok fine........ I'll talk to her tomorrow about this and no one is snatching away your best friend from you........You need some sleep. C'mon just get under the covers........" she said softly and he looked at her with his puppy dog eyes. She helped him lay on the bed and after that covered him with a blanket.
"Madhu you also sleep with me please......" he said, his eyes drooping. She smiled. She removed his shoes and also his blazer, after that she laid next to him and tried to sleep.