Innocence

I was walking to the fire station when I saw it

I was walking to the fire station when I saw it. It happened right near the bus stop. I didn't know anyone around. The car just came out of nowhere hitting the other. It was so so loud it made me jump in fright. Another car came and hit the two sending one flying it barely missing people. There was blood on the red cars windshields. I sit on the curb my backpack beside my legs. I watch the smoke rise from the car. People rushing around making sure people were ok. I knew dad responded to this kind of thing. I didn't live under some sort of rock thinking bad stuff doesn't happen. I just never seen it before, there's a big difference between seeing and knowing. It was a beehive of activity. My eyes darting around watching every movement. Tears in my eyes out of so many things fear being the main one. I watch people pull someone out of the blue car he looked so dead. No even went to check the green car.

There were police everywhere. Fire trucks turned up but they were any I know. The firehouse must of been on another call I hope they were on another call. If they weren't it must mean something happened. I can't think like that. I shake my head it felt so fuzzy messy. "Hey Olivia right" I jump "hey it's ok it's me Erin remember I was friends with your dad" I look at her with tears in my eyes. "I met you a couple of times when I was with your dad" she slowly carefully sat beside me. I watch her and the guy that followed her over like a hawk. I didn't know what to think. "You always had this contagious giggle that definitely ruined the moment but we could never be mad at you" I sniff as a tear drips down my face "it all happened so fast" I say quietly I did recognise her. I saw her kissing my dad many times, she even ate breakfast with us a few times. "Hey I know it's scary" she said kindly sending me a weak smile "dad" "hey it's ok just take a breath your ok your safe would your dad let you near anyone dangerous" I shake my head my hair going from side to side "the same rule applies for me I'm a cop so I'm not going to let anything bad happen until your dads here" "I never called him it all happened I never seen anything like that" I say starting panic "that's fine we can call him" I nod "this is my partner Jay" "is he a detective to" I ask "he is" I glance behind him at the cars "the man the one with the black hair his lying" I say my voice slowly getting stronger. Jay sat beside me "you mean him" he points to the guy that's talking to an older cop with grey hair. His hands sitting inside his vest. I nod "what do you mean" Erin asks "Um he drove the green car he hit the red car the blue car tried to stop but they didn't green car went forward after blue hit them" "shouldn't he have gone backwards the direction the blue car was going" Erin asks "he was accelerating" Jays eyes widen as he said that "he hit blue car again before he jumped out and walking away he stood over there for a while before he came back and helped the people then you came here. I saw him pointing I watched they walked by me didn't even notice me, he said he saw it he didn't he caused it" I said shaking my head "I'll tell Voight" "so how old are you now surely you have had a birthday" I smile at Erin's question "thirteen" she smiles "come on kiddo" she helped me up "we're going to take you to the station get what we need in writing then you can go with your dad" I nod following her to the car I glance at Jay who was beside me Erin on the phone. "Doesn't dad have to be there" "yeah unless he gives us the right to do it without him" Jay sighs causing me to nod "he will give it to her he trusts her" Jay smiles helping me into the truck.

"Who do we have here" "the honorary Olivia Serveride" Jay said tapping my shoulder "Olivia this is Sargent platt" I smile "nice to meet you" Jay led me upstairs "Olivia I hear you saw our accident" I nod slowly "Sargent voight" I nod shaking the hand he puts out for me to shake. "Where's Erin" he asks "on the phone to my dad" he nods "take her to the break room" Jay puts his hand on my back I look around as we walk "you know I never been in a police station" "oh yeah" "yeah I usually spend most of my time at the fire station" I smile "maybe we could give you your own tour" I smile happily "really I did alway want to know what they looked like inside" I jump in excitement.

I had told them everything I saw. Slowly i began to trust them. Dad gave them permission to take the report or whatever it is as long as Erin was in the room. I was now on Jays back as he gives me a tour Erin not to far from us. She kept glancing at her phone no doubt messaging my dad. "This is the garage we put our suspects there" he points to the cage "you have secret meeting there" I say pointing to another hidden area making the two laugh "yeah" Jay said as he starts to walk upstairs. "This is really cool" I smile causing them to smile I imagine Jay smiled I can't exactly see his face. "And we are back" Erin said making me nod I jump off jays back running over jumping into Stella's arms. "It was so scary" "your dad got called out again he was on his way here we had to practically force him to go with the promise of coming and getting you" I nod into her. I pull back going over to hug Matt who lifts me up making me giggle. Erin passes my backpack to Stella. "We probably wouldn't have been able to solve this without her" Sargent Voight said the two firefighters smile at me "dad alway told me not to leave if I see a crash and to tell the truth about what I saw" I shrug "thank you for giving me the tour it was really cool your all really cool" they smile at me "we if you every want to come hangout here your more than welcome these guys could smile a lot more" Kim said making me smile I nod "I might do that" I nod I look at Stella and Matt "can we go I want to see dad" they nod "bye" I say waving before I hugging Stella who picks me up. I don't care how it looked I needed comfort. I needed my dad. I knew he couldn't be here so Stella and Matt were just as good. Everyone else at the firehouse are just as good until I can have my dad. I was still scared but they had distracted me with the tour that I stopped thinking about the horror I saw. "You ok Livvie" Matt asks glancing at me I shrug "hey we know it's scary but you got all of us" Stella assured rubbing my back walking to the fire truck.