My Hero's

Age 7

Age 7

I held grandpas hand as he leads me across the road. "Grandpa are we going to see daddy I love seeing daddy be a firefighter" I ask looking up at him he smiles down at me "not now maybe later" he said as some guy came over talking to him. We walk through the biggest building I have ever seen. "Wow" "it's fire HQ" he said "are there cool things in here like the firehouse" I ask "well it doesn't have fire trucks or any of that...just has a bunch of fancy guys in suits" he said whispering the last part "not any smoke eaters" he looks at me funny "daddy said it" I add shrugging causing him to laugh. "I just have to talk to a few people" "am I here so it's quick mum does that all the time same as dad but not as much" I ask "uh yeah" he nods "listen I got my granddaughter" grandpa said making me wave.

"I can't tell daddy we are going to play poker" I repeat what grandpa said making him smile and nod. "Daddy" I run over spotting him jump out of the truck. "Princess" he picks me up with ease "Ohh our favourite Severide is here" Matt said "you can't forget grandpa" I said "where's Sam" daddy asked grandpa "said she had meetings" Grandpa shrugs. "I saw fire HQ it's so big" I told them "Hey Livvie want to come help me boss Otis around" "but I like Otis" I said as dad kisses my head putting me down. I take Matt's hand letting him lead me through the firehouse.

"Livvie my girl" Andy said picking me up spinning me around, I spend a lot of time with Ben his the same age as me. "Griff said we're planning a wedding" I pout "no he said we have to get married" Andy laughs shaking his head "how is my kindest kid the most trouble when your involved" "I change people" he said placing me on the floor. I rush over giving a high five to everyone mainly Capp, Hadley, Chris they work with daddy besides Andy, Matt, Otis and Cruz they are my favourite people. "Why didn't anyone say our Livvie is here" Shay said as she rushed over hugging me "it's just for a bit grandpa is taking me for...for lunch" thank god I remembered not to say poker I knew all of these guys would tell daddy and grandpa said not to tell daddy. I sat on the couch with Mouch everyone crowding around talking to me bring a smile to my face. "Come on Ollie" grandpa said making me jump up and rush around giving everyone a hug and high five.

"Grandpa" I whisper a bunch of old guys around us they were all grandpas friends. "How do I know if I'm winning" I could hear them all chuckle "if you have cards from Ace going up" you could have a picture card like this" Albert said holding up a Queen card "there's three they come after ten" Quinton added bring a smile to my face "ah ah ah you god to keep a straight face no one can know what cards you have even if they are really bad you use these chips to make them all backdown and fold" grandpa said making me frown "what about this" I ask keeping a straight face "perfect" Brain said smiling.

"Pss" I whisper turns out they can all here me. "Is this good" I show them my card "rule one no sharing cards...but yes I think you just won Livvie" Charles told me making me smile gleefully "I just look for the pictures" I shrug "should we up the stakes I think she's got the rhythm down" Winston asks looking around "when you get number cards like this one" grandpa began holding up a five "they all have different suits" "like daddy's suit" this makes they laugh "kinda no" Albert said shaking his head "they all have different shapes so this one is a" "diamond" I said cutting him off "yeah there's four diamonds, spades, clubs, hearts to win you have to make sure they are all in the same suit to win so all the numbers or face cards they have to all have the same shapes" grandpa told me "what about the colours" "ignore the colours" Winston said shuffling the cards.

"I had loads of fun grandpa I like your friends" I hug him tightly he laughs kissing my head "anytime Ollie you call and I'll be there" I nod quickly. I run down the driveway grandpa following "mummy" I hug her "woah" "I had so much fun I met all of grandpas friends they are so funny" "did you" I nod quickly "I even saw daddy and we went to the big fire hq building it was so huge grandpa said it's full of suits" she hums I race over hugging grandpa again "I love you grandpa" he kisses my head "love you Ollie" I smile going to get in the car "thank you for this Benny I would ask my parents" "Sam it's fine I'll spend every hour I could with her if you'll let me" I watch mummy laugh through the window "I was nervous with all the stuff Kelly has told me but she adores you...can you remember that you won't hurt anyone but her" "i can't say anything to convince you that she means everything and I wouldn't dream of hurting her" "Kelly didn't even want you watching her but circumstance blessed you. She doesn't come running out of anyone else's house that happy just remember she's fragile and that this is your only chance" "wouldn't expect it any other way" grandpa shrugged he walks over tapping the window making me smile gleefully.

"Mummy" I said, I was laying in my bed ready to go to sleep. Mummy turns facing me her blond hair flying in every direction. "I love grandpa can I see him more" "how bout we talk to daddy tomorrow about that ok" I nod "I had the best day ever" "I can tell that smile hasn't left your face" she points out she kisses my head "can I have two hero's" "you can have as many as you like why" "daddy will always be my hero his super cool and awesome...grandpa is fun and I love him I want him to be my hero to can he be" "of course he can" "can you as well mummy your super brave" "you can have as many hero's as you like. They are just the people who you look up to and who inspire you" I nod "my hero's" she smiles kissing my head again "love you Ruby bug" "love you Mumma bear" I said rolling over to fall asleep.