Cabin in the Woods

"What are we doing here aren't you meant to be going to Molly's or something" I ask getting out of his mustang

"What are we doing here aren't you meant to be going to Molly's or something" I ask getting out of his mustang. This wasn't normal normally on Wednesday he would go out. I went over to Poppys she's a genius I'm like her only friend. It was her uncles idea she usually helps me with my math while I help her with like the gossip and fit in. It was the perfect exchange and she was kinda my only girlfriend she doesn't care for basic girl things much like me. But for some reason he insisted on going to grandpas cabin. "Just grab your back and get inside it's cold" dad said rolling his eyes I sigh doing just as he said.

Dad had put the fire on to warm the cabin up and was now sweeping. I was dusting or was meant to be "dad" he stops looking up at me "what's going on is this cause grandpa died. Is that why Elle left. Is that why you have been different" he sighs rubbing his face I had so many questions but something told me not to ask them all at once. "I have been a bit off haven't I" he opens his arms for me which I immediately go over wrapping my arms around him. He sighs hugging me tight. "Never forget even for a second that you are the most important person to me" "I won't I love you dad" "love you more than you can ever imagine" he lets go standing up "what do you say we get to work on cleaning this place up" I nod dad had been talking about it forever.

I heard a knock at the door confusing me. Dad was his the main bedroom cleaning and going through grandpas hidden treasure as I call them. I knew I shouldn't but I open the door. "Elle" I ask confused "Livvie" she gasps in shock "um" she was clearly at a loss "dad someone's at the door for you" I shout Stella sending me a thankful smile "I'll be in my room with my headphones on" I say making her laugh. Dad ruffles my hair as I pass him. He probably would have been mad if he didn't catch sight of Stella standing there. "Im going to be a better man for you for her" I hear him say before I put my headphones on turning the music up. I didn't want to know what they were doing even if it was just talking. These walls are paper thin. I sat on the floor going through the old small cupboard. I hadn't been here in years I honestly have no idea what's inside.