Beaten but not Broken

After two months I was finally out of hospital

After two months I was finally out of hospital. But I couldn't go to school which I didn't mind, I also couldn't play baseball which was killing me. It's all I wanted. I was at the firehouse, dad wasn't keen on letting me go anywhere. I stayed with Mrs Cindy once but watching Annabelle, Luke, Max and Kenny James do everything I wanted to do but couldn't, it killed me. I sometimes stay with Jay and Erin of a night cause daddy doesn't want me to sleep at the firehouse.

I was with Erin and Jay we were laying in the living room watching stand by me. I did love the movie. A knock at the door makes me turn and look at them. Erin walks over answering the door. "Oh I might have the wrong address I was told my granddaughter would be here Olivia Severide" I tense at her voice moving carefully into jays arms startling him. "Don't let her take me" I said however I clearly wasn't stealthy enough "oh there she is Olivia dear come along" she said making me squeeze Jay as hard as I could without hurting myself. "I'm sorry who are you" Erin asks blocking her view of me "oh pardon me my name is Victoria Wheaton now May I take my granddaughter" "her father who has custody left her in our care without him saying you can take her I can't give her" Erin said firmly "I imagine you understand his job is just putting her in unimaginable danger" "even if that's true I can't give her to you" she dramatically sighs "you will all be hearing from my lawyer" she said stalking away.

"Livvie who was that" Erin asks now beside me and Jay who I'm still on clutching. "My mummy's mum she's mean" I said finally looking up tears dripping down my face. "Can we go see dad" "of course come on" Jay said helping me up off him before jumping up grabbing his keys. Jay and I were out the door long before Erin who slowly followed behind.

I walk I got the firehouse looking around. "You right kiddo" Herman asks "where's dad" "think his on the roof with Casey why" the tears start to fall "hey aren't you meant to be with Jay and Erin" Sylvie asks noticing me before looking at the two behind me "Liv" Ferraris said alerting the rest of squad that walked into the room. I race over hugging him he gently picks me up. "What happened Livvie" Cruz asked looking at me "I want daddy" "oh the roof with Casey" Mouch told him "I'll get him" Cruz ran away while Capp tries to make me laugh. You could tell not many others knew what to do. "In case you haven't noticed our Livvie girl loves hugs especially from the guys" Sylvie told someone I don't know who.

"Ruby" dad said rubbing into the room in front of Cruz. Ferraris passes me over to dad who I hold just as tight if not tighter. "What's wrong" he asked I knew Jay or Erin probably told the others by now they all knew better to ask when I need dad. "She came she tried to take me" I felt dad stiffen "Victoria" dad asks looking at Erin and Jay who I imagine nod. "I was so scared I made them bring me I'm sorry" "hey it's fine" dad said rubbing my back "you make me wish my children were like this" Herman said "she's always been like this loved hugs and slightly smaller" I gasp making everyone laugh "hey your fine" dad assures me rubbing my back. He puts me down I wipe my eyes sending everyone a smile "you good" dad asks "yeah yeah" I said "if you want to stay" dad said looking over at Jay and Erin.
I shake my head "no no I'm going to beat Jay at scrabble" Erin laughs "scrabble that's worse than Cruz trying to beat her at poker" Herman said "it will happen one day" "poker" Jay raises his eye brow at me "don't go down that road she will beat you every time" Stella warned "I use to play with grandpa and all his friends they taught me you can ask Hank he came by once" I said shrugging "they knew each other" "Hank and Grandpa had somewhat of an understanding at least that's what I was told" I told them "she's smarter than she makes you think especially with this one as a father" Sylvie told them making me laugh and and dad roll his eyes. "She got her smarts from Sam everyone knows that" Matt said placing his arms on my shoulders leaning down "is there a game I actually have a chance at winning" Jay asked. Erin and Jay knew how close every member of the firehouse was to the small teenager. They had all heard them talk about her or briefly seen it. But this was different you would never guess these people would be so carefree yet so ready for that bell. They could tell it was her she did it at the district. It was also the fact that she's is still a kid, they all wanted to somewhat protect her. "Your the detective you figure it out" I smirk shrugging "your not going to tell me no one is going to tell me" Jay said making a few laugh but everyone shook their head or said some sort of no. "You should just know that her Herman and Mouch sit up most nights she's here playing board games she brings a new one ever shift" Boden told the two detectives "we can't master it if we don't play it" Mouch exclaimed from the couch like it's the most obvious thing in the world "they aren't the only ones sometimes some of us join us" Foster added making me smile.

"How" "your a detective isn't this what you do for a living" "she's got a point Jay" Erin said not looking over at us. Jay and I were sitting at the table playing guess who. I had now won three times in a row and it was quiet obvious that Jay didn't like that. We did play scrabble but after half a game Jay knew I knew more big words so he gave up, choosing this as a game he could beat me at. So far it's not going how he hoped.