Worry

Life had been moving at quiet a pace, A reasonable one that I know

Life had been moving at quiet a pace, A reasonable one that I know. I was fifteen. No I hadn't been had a boyfriend. Although Jake had been trying much to Rocco's dismay. Dad was with Stella although last night she was out at some girls night.

I sat in the break room at the district super confused. Jay had picked me up early and brought me, neither one of them said anything. I was beginning to freak or should I say I was well past freak out.

"Olivia we need to ask you a few questions" Adam said as him and Kevin walk in. "That would be great why am I here" "do you know where your dad was last night" "he went out for drinks" I shrug "when did he come home" "I don't know late" I said I was asleep "where is dad I want to see him" I demand we'll more like ask I was polite like dad taught me. "You can't right now" Kevin said however my attention was on the man in hanks office. The men i overheard saying that they weren't going easy on a decorated firefighter, but how they also didn't want to charge him. If they charge him what happens to me. I had no family left it was just me and dad. Would mums family try to take me, they aren't my family even if they tried to force it.

I look at them "uh what happened what will happen to me" I couldn't stop my mind "nothing nothing" Jay said coming in giving the two a look that I can't decipher, Kevin and Adam did though because they immediately left. "Livvie" he said sitting beside me "early this morning your dads car was found at a crash sight" "is he ok" "he wasn't there Livvie" "dad wouldn't leave a crash sight" I said absolutely positive. "Livvie" "no Jay I love you but I know my dad he wouldn't he wouldn't risk loosing me leaving me" he sighs rubbing his face.

"Mouch" I rush over to hug him. He held me tight. "Just wait Livvie I'm going to talk to your dad" I nod standing there not knowing what to do. I just didn't know. These guys they were all so sure my dad was guilty and trying to hard to protect me.

I had Erin's arms around me as I scream out for my dad. He was being taken away in handcuffs. I didn't know what was going to happen. I push her away the moment he was out of sight. "Liv" she said carefully I rub my face thinking. I turn and run. I don't know how or why she didn't grab me. They were all so determined to keep me close but she just let me run.

I don't think I have even run though Chicago like this. I rush up the steps not stopping till I'm in front of a door. I knock quickly my breath becoming uneven. "Liv" he said opening his door I fall into his arms "they took dad" I said crying I left him step back and close the door as he hugs me. "You have to make sure they don't get me dad always made sure they didn't but they took him away he didn't do it" "we know he didn't and hey they won't get you...you can stay with me or anyone else from the firehouse we will all be happy to take you in" "they lied to me over and over again they kept saying they would help him but they didn't even try" "I know it may seem that way but I don't think Jay or Erin wouldn't try jay loves you and Erin think her and your dad have a soft spot for each other" I nod sighing knowing it's probably true. He pulls me back "come on let's get you comfortable" I nod following after him.

I lay on the couch with Matt at the opposite end. "When's your next game" "this weekend but if dads" "he would want you to play" "I never played a game without him there not since mum" he sighs "your dad will be back before you know it" he assures me making me nod. The guest room was set up but I didn't want to leave the couch and Matt didn't want to leave me. We weren't touching sitting on either end but were still there, comforting without touch.

A knock at the door startled us awake. I don't remember falling asleep, don't think he did either. I stare at the door concerned. Matt gets up walking over at the same time I notice the sun shining through the apartment. He opens the door stepping aside. "She here" a familiar voice questioned "where else would she be" Matt said I jump up and run over to dad hugging him tightly. "I was so scared I thought I would never see you against" "hey I was always going to come back to you" I nod against him "what's wrong" dad questioned "oh we slept on the couch backs a bit stiff" Matt said twisting his back. "Erin told me how you ran" "I couldn't stay there they just seemed to be giving up and they were keeping things from me" I said "hey I'm not mad jay told me last night I told him you would be here" he assured me making me nod against him. "Honestly I don't know how you tame this Kelly" Matt said playing with my long hair "he doesn't I do it Matt" I said "hey I did it for ages after your mum" "it's always been long as well" Matt added I didn't have any intention of leaving my dads arms. I felt like the little seven year old who followed him around. I didn't know how to feel or think everything was different now.