Him

I was alone at the fire station well technically Connie was here but everyone else was fighting fires and saving lives

I was alone at the fire station well technically Connie was here but everyone else was fighting fires and saving lives. Dad had made sure that she knew to keep an eye on me, even if she already knew. Dad hadn't let me out of his sight since the incident. I knew detectives had shared what happened I was just grateful he hadn't brought it up yet. I still didn't remember all of what happened, Dr Charles assured it's completely normal.

I stand reading the plaque wall. I had read it a thousand times, it's kinda my calming tactic now. I sigh and begin to walk down the hall bored out of my mind. I had nothing to do while they weren't here. I pause looking out the window watching the cars just drive by. That's when a man starts walking up the driveway causing me to stand straighter as I watch him. I wasn't allowed to go talk to people. He had black hair and walked with a kinda swagger that made him look cool, he had tan skin that didn't make him black or white. The he looked up and wickedly smirks. I stumble back in fright. I run "it's him it's him call them" I shout to Connie who looks up very confused, but I just run past. I heard Connie talking his voice sent shiver down my spine. Tears start falling, I run and hide scared out of my mind.

I kept myself in a ball hidden. I didn't know anything. I could feel my heart beating it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. Tears trickling down my face like endless rivers. "Livvie" I heard the shout it sounded so distant "Ruby" I hear my dad I wanted to move to run to him. But I couldn't move, my body was stuck in place. "Hey" I look up seeing Boden he knelt right in front of me. "You got a good hiding place" he said "I thought it would be the last place he would look" he hums "I do think my office is the last place they would look" he helps me out from under his desk I was still shaking. I go to stand up but my legs wouldn't work. He picks me up without care or effort. "Severide" I called I see dad spin around. Before I can even blink I'm in his arms. My legs around his waist, hands around his neck. My head buried in his shoulder. I could still feel myself shaking but it wasn't as bad as before I was calming. Dads had rubbing my back was calming. "Something tells me that fire was purposely lit" Herman said "it's possible if they knew she was alone" I hear Kim say making me look up. That's when I see intelligence and the whole of 51 standing in the common room. "Ruzek O go get a statement from Connie make sure we get a composite so we ID this guy" Hank demanded everyone beginning to somewhat relax.

"he smirked at me the same way he did that night" I mumble from my spot on my dad. My head on his chest listening to his steady heartbeat. He rubs my back and combs his fingers through my long blonde hair. "I think you should go to the district Ruby" I shake my head tears in my eyes "I don't want to leave you dad" I felt like such a little kid "I know but I can't risk someone finding you here when we are out on a call kiddo...I need you to be safe and I know they wouldn't let anything happen to you" he assured me I knew he had some weird dislike for Hank but kept it quiet, kept it to himself. "You will be safe there" he assured me "we can have heaps of fun maybe Erin will even let me drive" "not a chance" Erin said smiling and laughing "we can stop for food though" she adds "Ohh I feel MacDonalds" Jay said smiling "it's not your choice it's hers" Erin snapped I smile watching them "I like MacDonalds" I say making Jay smile gleefully like he had just proved Erin wrong. "They are just looking to get out of work" Antonio said making me laugh "Jay is" "hey" I smiling watching the partners "you call me alright I will always call you back you know this" dad said making me nod.