Panic

I felt like a shell of myself

I felt like a shell of myself. I hadn't been allowed to leave the hospital for three days. Dad hadn't left my side thankfully, I hadn't let him leave even when the guys or Stella came. I was terrified to be alone again. Stella had let the police into the apartment to look, before cleaning it up. I barely slept every time I closed my eyes I say them. The big question was why, why did they come after me, why didn't they kill me.

Dad took me to the district the second day after I was let out. "Your becoming quiet the frequent flyer around here" Trudy mused pressing the buzzer to unlock the gate. I limp up the steps opening it before going as fast as I could and hugging him. "Thank you" I squeeze him tighter feeling him hug me "thank you for finding me I was so scared" I go to step back but was quickly reminded of my broken ankle causing me to hop backwards. "You doing doing ok" "yep Will said I'm almost good as new broke ankle concussion two broken ribs which really hurt" "yeah you should be using these" Dad said holding the crutches "I got excited" I shrug causing making smiles. I frown "did you find the guys" Hank glances at my dad before sighing "Olivia we need your help with that" I nod slowly "we were wondering if you could tell us what happened in the woods" Erin asks carefully I tense immediately.

I sit down on the couch in break room fidgeting "hey Liv who do you want to talk to" Jay asks from the doorway "I don't mind just someone I know" I shrug causing him to nod. I didn't even know if I wanted my dad here, he doesn't know. It was the only time I was away from him when Dr Charles was talking to me. I didn't know if he had to be here. I felt trapped.

"Hey Liv we found someone who we thought might help you talk about it" Erin said making me look up from the floor "we thought it might be easier for you to speak to me with the detectives while your dad goes and gets a coffee" Dr Charles said coming in sitting opposite me I instantly smile at him "if you want your dad is still here his talking to Voight I can get him" I shake my head "he doesn't know it hurts him but I" "it's ok kiddo" I slow nod sighing.

Jay and Erin sit opposite me. "Can you tell us what you remember" "from where" I ask the images filling my mind instantly "wherever your comfortable just as much as you can" Jay said smiling kindly "i um I got woken up by banging and something smashing I went out to see I got to my door it was still dark when I saw two people I didn't know them. I grabbed my bag and phone before jumping out the window I bumped my head. I ran. I stopped under the bridge thing I didn't know where I was I remember being scared" "do you remember what you were scared about" Dr Charles asked "uh I could hear them following me I called someone I didn't look at who I couldn't see my hands where shaking" "you screamed on the phone" Erin said I look at her confused "do you remember screaming" Dr Charles asked seeing me start to panic "uh" I shake my head "I I remember their footsteps seeing that there was four of them. I ran" I nod my hands starting to shake "I tripped somewhere someone was on top of me his hands. But then they just disappeared" I was confused "they just disappeared how did they disappear" "it's ok Olivia that's totally normal to not remember all the details try not to force it all now" Dr Charles comforts me or tries to "he was there then he wasn't where were the others" I was beyond confused "I jumped my ankle make me fall I fell then there was two they just appear" I take a deep breath squeezing the couch "I need you to take a deep breath for me" Dr Charles commented becoming aware much like everyone else how panicked I was becoming. I follow his instructions before continuing "i my clothes rip they touch me I hit my head again and they hurt my ribs. I run again...uh I I find the cabin or whatever and hide there I heard lots of moving and running then Hank found me" I finish taking a deep breath trying to relax.

I stare out the window at them. Jay and Erin left pretty quick Dr Charles stayed behind talking to me comforting me and calming me down before he went out to talk to them. My dad beside me I knew he wanted to know what happened I just, I don't know. I think he might know from The police though. "It's totally normal for an adult to block out trauma she's a kid the blocks are going to be bigger and more confusing as they perceive danger as something much bigger than adults" "how do we get more I mean this is good but we need like an ID or something" Adam said "I imagine she would recognise them one at least judging by the nightmares she had in the hospital she just can't communicate what he looks like" Dr Charles said "I got an idea"

I jump back startled as someone barged i t the room. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you I'm officer Ruzek or Adam we briefly met a few months back when you saw an accident" I nod smiling holding my dad "now Dr Charles out there believes you can picture one of the people so I had an idea now it might be a little crazy and a tad annoying but can we try it might help you get it out" I slowly nod "ok I want you to close your eyes for a second and picture the person you keep seeing one of the four men" I follow his instructions "ok" he said causing me to open his eyes "now I want you to take this pad and use the colours and draw what you see you don't have to speak at all just draw him" "I'm not good at drawing" I mumble staring at the pad "that's ok we will get the colours and an idea" I sigh grabbing the pad before staring at it a second "do I have to draw all of him" "as much as you want" I nod sighing I stare at the blank page for a minute before grabbing a lead pencil and I begin to slowly sketch a face. I stop staring at the circle shape. I work a few more minutes on the chin before closing my eyes and picturing him again. I lean over grabbing the coloured pencils, I pick up the black and drown drawing the hair, colouring viciously moving them in circles and squiggles. I lean over grabbing the green, the yellow and the blue. I stare at the for a moment wondering what one to use. I start colouring the eyes a dark blue before deciding I should add yellow. I pick up more colours I could clearly see he was white but he wasn't pale white he was a tan white like a dark tan but not to dark his not black. I didn't know how to do that so I just use the skin colour and brown I begin colour  tilting my head wondering if it's right I sigh grabbing the white adding it as it seemed to dark. The picture had had giant nose no mouth, big eyes and crazy hair. I also drew I small muscular body or at least tried to it looked a bit strange especially connected to the giant head probably not the normal picture they get. I pass the picture to him he instantly laughs "pig nose really" I just give him a look "right let me work some magic I will be right back" I nod "you ok" Dad asks "yeah just don't let me go" he sighs kissing my head holding me tight. I snuggle into him wanting comfort that just doesn't seem to be able to find me.