Casual

I walk down the steps and over to the kitchen

I walk down the steps and over to the kitchen. Seeing some random girl. I should have expect this when dad and Stella broke up. Did they break up if they have never been together. They just flirted and kisses that's it. I was getting attached to her and I secretly knew it was me. Dad was scared I would get attached and get hurt when it didn't work out bit late but very noble. Even if he didn't have to.

"Hello" the blonde 'beauty' said looking at me confused. I didn't have to meet her to know she was one of those girls who thought she was the hottest in the room. She wasn't though. Time to judge her looks, only in my head god I'm not that rude. Her lips are so big that they could be mistaken as a beak, he hair is so bleach blonde that it looks dead, her eyebrows have been plucked so much their virtually non existent, her mini skirt is so short it barely covers anything are we sure it's not a tube top. I take a break ok too much I need to be nice, dad taught me to be nice. "Hi" "uh who are you" guess she has the stereo typical bitchy attitude about life. "Oh he didn't tell you I'm his daughter I guess having a competition of who sounded more like a whale was a more important thing though" she gasps looking like a fish for a minute her mouth opening and closing. I smile grabbing breakfast "so who are you ohh let me guess Tracy no that was the brunette or Hannah no she was a red head like fire engine Bailey" I click pointing at her "no she was the golfer you dont look like you know what a club even is" "I do" "what is it" ohh the fish face is back "so what's your name" I lean against the counter biting the apple "Skyla" "what do you do because you clearly get a lot of surgery tell me are your boobs real" she gasps in shock she rushes over grabbing her things. I see dad come down the steps taking that as my cue to disappear.

"Olivia Ruby Severide" he shouts I quietly laughs jumping up walking out of the room "who's Tracey, Bailey and whoever else" I rub my neck nervously laughing he stares at me angrily before bursting out laughing with me. He walks over hugging me. "I know hate this" "so should I start preparing to find random prostitutes" "they aren't prostitutes" "oh really I couldn't tell where do you find these women a strip club" he rubs his face trying to stop laughing "you belong with Stella until you wake up and realise that I'm more than happy as your child to scare ever other person off" "Stella and I aren't together Ruby" he told me "that's what you say but I'm not blind I see the looks and hear the flirting if that isn't love than someone has been lying to me" he nervously chuckles "so is it you or Stella...the one that's holding this back" "are you sure you don't want to be with her" "hey if it wasn't illegal I definitely would" I said sure of myself he just rolls his eyes "what are you doing today" "Jay and I meeting up this afternoon for our weird therapy thing" he nods knowing it exactly what I was talking about. As long as said male didn't catch a big case, he picked me up from school taking me for food. We usually just hung out talking. He was determined to make me comfortable at the firehouse again, truthfully think he is avoiding his own problems. But I'm going to keep quiet for now at least.

I walk out of school my bag over my shoulder. "Hey Livvie" he said as I open the door to the truck. "Question why don't I ever see you talking to friends" "what I'm too much for you already Jay we must be spending to much time together" he quietly chuckles "we don't hang out all the time I'm not needy" he raises an eyebrow at me "ok but I'm not needy all the time" he smiles shaking his head "so what do you feel like" "we should start cooking because I'm going to send you broke" "you definitely have an appetite" I gasp "not ask big as your mister I was trying to be polite" he smiles rolling his eyes "fine let's go shopping what are we cooking" "do you know how to cook" "I'll have you know I'm fantastic" he said making me laugh.

"Jay my arm hurt" I complain he looks at me like his ready to beat me over the head with a saucepan. "I just want to remind you that beating a child is still illegal" "I'm a cop" he shrugs "your point" "that if I really wanted to I know how to get away with it" I just watch him "lucky I like you" "oh really" I raise an eyebrow "I like you to I guess" he laughs shaking his head. I sigh pausing "Jay do you think maybe your using me to avoid your problems" he pauses "I'm not mad I promise I'd still hang out with you" "have you been back to the firehouse" he asks avoiding the question. I will figure out a way to get him to talk, how I have no idea. "Uh yeah once but I was preoccupied so I didn't think but not since then" I told him just going with it.