Daddys girl

Age 6

Age 6

"Mummy when's daddy coming back" "his working you know this Ruby girl" mummy said kneeling down I pout "can I see him" "his busy baby" "but if we start a fire his busy here and I can see him" mummy laughs "we can't do that baby fire isn't something we can play with" I sigh "can we get a dog" "I don't think daddy would like a dog" I pout "but I will I really want a dog" "I know baby come on let's go finish your pretty dress" mum grabbed my arm pulling me up.

Mummy was a special lady daddy alway told me. She makes clothes she's teaching me. Right now we are making me a red dress because daddy said that mummy was his lady in red, whatever that means. He said I'm just as special so maybe I can be his girl in red.

Mummy puts me in bed "by time you wake up in the morning daddy will be here and if his not we can go find him" "promise" "I promise baby me and daddy love you so so much your our special girl" she kisses my head. Days when daddy isn't here are always hard. I cuddle close to mummy. I sleep with her when daddy isn't here.

I frown seeing daddy not home. "Don't worry baby" she said kissing my head "go get ready we'll go get breakfast" I nod racing to my room. I put on my pretty red dress that we finished yesterday making sure I have black tights underneath mummy always said to have tights on.

I held mummy's hand as we cross the road. "Daddy it's daddy" "go on" she said nodding when we were out of the road "daddy" I shout for him to hear he turns in my direction and instantly smiles. I miss you so much. I jump into his arms he holds me tight. "I miss you so much" he laughs putting me back on the ground "look" I said twirling "you always say mummy is your lady in red now I can be your your in red I finished it last night" "you look beautiful" Herman said making me smile "thank you Herman" I smile "I think you look beautiful" he twirls me making me giggle "hey you" daddy and mummy kiss "hey hey" I wave to the other firefighters "I'm sorry I didn't see you mummy said I couldn't make it fire to see you all" "it's a good think you listened to your mum kiddo" Herman said "but I really wanted to see you all" I pout "we would have loved to see you Livvie but we are super boring these guys are no fun" Cruz told me making me sigh "mummy can I go with daddy to breakfast" she looks over at daddy who's putting his bag in his car. "I don't mind" "I love daddy car" daddy laughs as I skip over "no being silly you two" mum pointed between us using her stern face, daddy laughing.

"Can we go fast daddy" I asked "not to fast we can't get in trouble" he told me glancing at me in the mirror. I giggle as dad drives fast the wind flowing through the car, throwing my hair in every direction.

"Mummy we go so fast" I said giggling as I run over to her. She gives daddy a look that I don't get "did we now" "but dad said we can't go to fast cause we can't get into trouble" i tell her nodding daddy comes over tickling me making me laugh "you know how much I hate you driving fast with her in the car" mummy said picking me up "it wasn't fast we weren't speeding we were going like forty" dad said throwing his hands up. I hold mummy tight. "She idolises your Kelly I don't want her following in your footsteps" mummy said "I know it would make you proud and I would never stop her if that's what she wants but Kelly she's our baby girl" mummy added sighing making daddy turn and sigh. "I know hey I love you" he said kissing mummy "eww" I said making daddy lean over and smother kiss my face all over.