Swing and hit

My hair in braids

My hair in braids. The cold air nipping my body. It was the first game of the seasons and I was beyond excited. I practice swinging my shinny sliver and light blue baseball bat. I was the teams star pitcher my family didn't know, I was so excited.

I toss the ball up and down as I walk onto the field. All attention was on me as I walk to the centre plate. I toss the ball a few times to myself before throwing it for the batter to hit. It makes a distinct ding as the ball comes into contact with the bat. Everyone races around to get the ball as it lowly bounces on the ground. It's throw to me before I toss it to the base where the batter is about to go getting him out.

I walk up to the batting pate swing my bat. This was my time to shine. Sure I'm good at being the pitcher but this I need to hit a home run or far at least. I get into position with the bat sitting my shoulder. I twist my hands on the grip, my eyes not leaving the pitcher. The moment he lets go my eyes follow the ball before swinging. I hear the distinct ding before the ball shoots off. I don't know how far it went as the only thing on my mind was to run. I could hear the cheering making me fun faster and faster. The screams only get louder and loud as I get closer to home base. I slide along the dirt towards the base causing a dust cloud as I collide with another person at the same time I hit the plate. It was dead silent as they wait for the dust cloud to clear. The ref takes a moment before calling that I made it causing everyone to cheer well mostly everyone I'm sure the people from the other team weren't.

I race over with my bag over the shoulder. I jump into my dads arms causing him to laugh. "You did amazing" dad commented "I don't even like Baseball but wow" Otis exclaimed making me laugh from my dads arms. Dad places me on his back I get pats on the back from everyone. "So are we going out for food or going home" Stella asks "we can go to Molly's" Hermann said Annabelle on his back. We play on the same team. She's 12 a whole year younger than me but we were like best friends. There were many times I wished I had her life a loving mother, siblings. That I could have her life because she doesn't have to spent all her time at the fire station she has activities and a home. She's rarely ever at the fire station, she probably doesn't even know the trauma of the world. She was like me innocent but I had seen them, the crash it disrupted me. I could barely sleep. "Really I always wanted to go to Molly's" "your always welcome your our honorary Severide" Stella assured me making me smile gleefully.

Mollys wasn't open officially. It was more like a family time. We were in there eating a laughing. Herman's family was there, they had told all the other regular first responders said they can still come but there isn't going to be much alcohol kids being around and all. We were using the karaoke machine, eating and drinking soda. It was the perfect night. "Jay" I yell running over the music bouncing off the walls. He laughs spinning me around "what are you doing here" "well I heard you had an awesome game so I thought I would come down" "thank you" I hug him again "Livvie Livvie" Kenny James Herman said running over to me. The Herman siblings are like my siblings. When i was younger I used to spend more time at their house. Im still welcome Cindy constantly invites me but I prefer going to the firehouse to see my dad. I laugh as Kenny James drags me through the sea of people to Annabelle. Annabelle wraps her arms around me laughing. "We won" she cheered making me laugh nodding. It was perfect. A night couldn't be better than this.