Scream

I was sitting beside Annabelle

I was sitting beside Annabelle. We were always together at school. She was my best friend. We were in English. Our teacher mr Walton was going on and on about the Outsiders. We read the book. I had seen the movie watched it with dad. It took a lot but I eventually read the book. If we are being honest Annabelle and I read it together and started a book club. Actually dad started the book club after Mr Walton told him I wasn't reading it. So every afternoon dad, Herman and whoever else would join Annabelle and I in reading.

"I liked the movie" Annabelle whispered to me causing me to smile "you finally watched it" she nods gleefully. I had been telling her to watch it since the first day I found out we were reading it. "Lee watched it with me" I nod smiling as I write the notes "he said if I'm going to watch all the old movies I should invite you" "I probably seen them but I would love to what's first" "Lee said we have to start simple Max and Kenny are also invited don't know if they will join though" I nod "Well what's simple to him is the question" "well we are watching stand by me tonight" I gasp quickly looking around when I realise how loud I was "I love that movie it's so good" "you said the outsiders was good so I trust you you joining us" I nod smiling "mum said we should watch Psycho" "uhh boring I mean it was brilliant for its time and it is decent but it's super boring" "what about sound of music dad loves to annoy me with that film" "what" "Anna seriously has your father even educated you on anything" she laughs "Miss Herrmann Miss Severide do you have something to share" "her father hasn't educated her on vital pieces of history" I say making her laugh again. Mr Walton scowls "if I have to stop again I will move one of you" "take Livvie shes a chameleon" Annabelle said making me laugh "well stop" I said going back to my work.

The bangs sounded making us jump. They were loud and deafening. Mr Walton told us to go to the corners immediately. I think that's what when we knew how bad it was. Annabelle and I hugged in the corner scared out of our minds. We weren't leaving without the other though.

It felt like an eternity we were sat. Suddenly the door was slammed open. People left and right ran panicking. The sound was deafening sent shivers down my spin. There was suddenly blood everywhere, spraying in every direction.

It was silent, deathly silent. Annabelle clutched my hand as we crept forward. She wanted to stay, hide away. But I couldn't I don't know what it was. I had to find away out.

We crept silently down the hall. A groan made use freeze Annabelle immediately pulling me into a random room. I peer out of the room. "We have to help him" I say after seeing a boy laying on the floor bleeding "it could be a trap" I shrug causing her to sigh clearly frustrated. "You don't have to you can stay and watch" I tell her "if you think I'm letting you go out there alone your crazy" I weakly smile before we both take off towards him. He looks up panicked hearing us coming. "It's ok we're here to help" "his bleeding from his leg pretty bad Livvie" Annabelle tells me. I grab his arms "we got to get out of the hallway" Annabelle nods looking are "bathroom you be quiet" she said before picking up a random wallet "bite this it might hurt when we move you" she said passing it to him before helping me drag him.

"What are we going to do" Annabelle asks as I take my jacket off "pass me the ruler" I say as I wrap it around his leg. I tie it adding the ruler and twisting making it even tighter. Annabelle held her hands over his mouth superseding his groan. I sat back sighing. "Come on" Annabelle helps him move into his cubical as I say "we need to get him help" "you can't go out there" Annabelle said "I have to that will stop the bleeding but not for long Anna you can stay I will be fine" "I'm not letting you go alone" she said standing up.

We walk down the hall. I could feel her shaking in fear, but didn't say anything. "Livvie Lou" the suddenly loudness made us freeze. I heard a gun click "I didn't want to hurt you but you just had to play the hero oh well one less hero...or two you brought Anna I see" he said we spin and take off running. Bullets flying in every direction. I could feel the air moving quickly as the bullets fly close to me. We run down the stairs or more like jump down. Annabelle falling making me stop and panicked as I try to help her up. I felt a sting but ignore it just pulling Annabelle up and running again. Annabelle bangs into a door a moment later we push it open, closing it behind us. We lean against the door puffing trying to catch our breath. Annabelle let out a squeak as she realised people were watching us. Pretty sure she would scream if she wasn't trying so hard to be quiet. "You've been hit" a boy who's older than me said making Annabelle look over at me. "Livvie" she whispers helping me sit against the wall. "I'm Annabelle this is Olivia Livvie for short" "Reece" he said making us nod they got to work making sure I didn't bleed out before help came.