A family

I stand in the rolling on the balls of my feet

I stand in the rolling on the balls of my feet. "What you doin Kid" Herman asks as him as him and the rest of the firefighters all crowd around "Making Brownies" I nod "do you even know how to cook" Otis asks "yes and I have you know I happen to be very good" i snap causing the guys to laugh.

The brownies were cooking I was laying on the couch with Mouch. Well he was sitting I was laying. The timer ticking away. "Why aren't you beating Cruz at poker" Matt asks confused "Mouchy and I are watching animal planet" I shrug watching the Lion hunt the zebra. The timer goes off "Vie" she pops her head up from above the counter "can you pull my brownies out" i ask sweetly sending her a sweet smile causing her to nod.

"Guys Livvie made brownies" Herman shouted "who's game enough to eat them" Matt asked looking at them. If I didn't know him so well I wouldn't know he was joking. "I will I know Livvie girl wouldn't poison me" Ferraris said coming over taking some. Everyone watches him closely. "I'm not going to die on you guys" he said before taking a moment and having a bite. I raise my eyebrow at him waiting for a response. "What oh right there really good the best" he said after a moment this cause everyone to come over and try some for themselves. "Told you I know how to cook" I said aiming it towards otis who rolled his eyes "who taught you" Sylvie asked "to what oh cook...um a variety of people. Gabby here taught me a lot when I was younger. Um grandma tried" I shrug "these are heavenly" "thank you Capp" I said mocking them.

I wasn't laying on the floor beside the truck. "Your weird Liv" Matt said laughing at me. "I'm bored Matty" I wiggle my fingers causing him to grab my hands pulling me up. "What's going on in the world of Livvie" "um well I got training for the next couple of afternoons so you won't see me as much unless I sleep here I don't know" he nods "how's that going you got some skills kid" "thank you I love it at the end of the season dad said I can play hockey which I'm excited about I always wanted to play but I wasn't good enough last year hopefully this year I can make the team though grandpa took me skating a bunch before" "you'll make it" he reassures me "thank you Matt" "who will you stay with if you don't come here" I use to stay with grandpa when dad was on shift. "I know Erin and Jay said I could stay there but I don't know I barely know Jay even if he does seem cool. Umm I'm not to sure Herman told dad I can go to theirs Annabelle is like my best friend so maybe she's also on the team" I shrug "I don't know it's all a little complicated" he nods hugging me "your always welcome here and I'm sure if you show up at anyone house their partner would let you in you in because your our family kid" I nod smiling up at him.

I run over jumping on Capps back it was effort the man is like a giant. Capp laughs walking around like it's normal, my feet moving with every step. Continuously tapping his side. He joins the rest of squad who were running drills "go easy Severide I got a back pack" Capp shouts causing the rest of the guys to laugh. I was on Capps back for a while before jumping onto Ferraris "come on kiddo" he groans under my weight "I'm not that heavy" dad laughs picking me up off Ferraris back and throwing me over his shoulder. I laugh I struggle as dad walks off to the side. He puts me down I go to join in, I love running drills with them. I may not be strong enough to pull or do most of it other than running by myself but they help. "Not today your going to be my number one" dad said grabbing me holding me in place his arm around my chest, holding me close. "Your going to be second in command today they need to do it themselves without the Ruby flare" he told me. He leans on me the stopwatch in front of front of my face.

I spent the afternoon yelling at the guys. Yelling for them to run faster, move quicker. Also threw in a few your times slows. They were now laying down "oh you are definitely a drill Sargent kid" Cruz said looking up at the sky "of course I am I have had to hang out with all of you" "that was beautiful" Otis said wiping his eyes dramatically "she is amazing" Stella said wrapping her arms around me resting her chin on my head. "Your my new favourite person" Herman say placing a fire hat on my head. It was a little big but it was ok, not as big as once was. "Our new honorary firefighter and our favourite Severide" Mouch said I laugh hugging him "not Stella's favourite" she gasps causing me to laugh. I run around the trucks as she chased me laughing the whole time so carefree.