Memories

I had slept soundly, honestly I don't sleep this good unless I'm at home

I had slept soundly, honestly I don't sleep this good unless I'm at home. I change and brush my hair leaving just flowing down my back before walking out of the room. I sat at the breakfast bar not a moment later Jay places a plate of eggs and toast in front of me. "Eat up we have a big day" I look at him confused pausing "his been planing this all morning even had me message your dad so just humour him" Erin said coming down the hall with her honorary leather jacket on. I smile eating my food.

I follow them up the stairs still very confused. Jay pulls his chair out for me making me look at Erin who's trying not to laugh. Jay got another chair sliding beside me "what is going on" Hank asks "I don't know I have basically been kidnapped" I said "Detective Halstead Mini Detective Halstead" "Severide" I correct causing him to roll his eyes. "What" Kevin asks everyone was clearly humoured except Hank who just shook his head "why" Adam finally asks "oh she beat me at guess who fourteen times I was informed that guess who is basically my job so here we are" "his proving a point" Erin finished making Jay glare "ironically he will probably loose to our smart girl" Erin added making me smile "oh now he is even if I have to make it up" I shrug "she doesn't go into the field or interrogate" Hank said shaking his head "my moneys on Liv" Adam said smiling gleefully "oh me to my moneys on me" I said smiling "do you even know what gambling is" Kevin asks "she played poker with Benny and Voight apparently" Erin said "it wasn't just the two of them it was all the guys Winston, Alfred, Albert" I said beginning to list them only stopping when I see Hank leaning against the doorway "you talk to them" I shake my head he hums walking away.

"Im still going to be a firefighter" I said to dad who laughs. Jay was behind him, Erin had walked over hugging my dad. I smile gleefully "so she beat you" Stella asks as I hug dad "Adam is claiming she did but he started a bet so he just wants his money" Erin told us "he just didn't want to admit he lost to a thirteen year old" Erin added making them both laugh "why do you think she's such an amazing baseball player or wins at almost everything loosing isn't an option for a Severide probably why these two get along so well" Stella said pointing to me and Jay "he makes it a challenge it's easy to beat Adam" I said hugging Jay as they laugh "ok now it's time to give my girl back" dad joked gently pulling me towards him carful not to hurt my healing stitches.

"You need anything" dad fussed over "I'm good" I said, I was laying on the couch. "Calm down Kelly she well tell us if she needs anything" Stella said sitting down beside my head "I'm concerned" he defend himself "she's going to explode if you keep fussing" Stella said making me laugh "I'm not a bomb" I said "shh I'm trying to get him to stop" Stella said putting her finger to my lips. Dad plops down moving my legs before so he doesn't crush them. "Ohh" I said "what" dad sounded panicked "your fatness made the whole couch move" he glared at me as Stella laughed throwing her head back struggling to breath. Dad eventually rolls his eyes sighing before joining us in laughing. It was perfect. My family.

"Dad" he turns around facing me. We were both in the kitchen on either side of the island. Stella was in the shower. "You got to let her in" "what" "Stella mum meant everything to both of us but she's gone and Stella is here you clearly love her so stop pushing her away because I'm getting attached and it's becoming super annoying" he chuckles leaning on the counter rolling his vibrate blue eyes "so it's supper annoying for you" "yes but I know you like her and if you keep pushing her away she will leave we need someone we can't be a duo forever I need a woman to help me with all the things you can't...mum wouldn't want you the most handsome man she ever met as she said to be alone forever" I told me watching him take my words in "also I kinda hate all the different women that walk through this place" he rubs his face "mum would want you to be happy just as much as I do" I add grabbing his hand "does she know mum about mum or anyone" "no probably only Matt Herman and Mouch" he told me making me sigh I nod "just do loose her cause your dumb" he chuckles leaning over kissing my head.

I sat by my mothers grave fiddling with a piece of grass. Tomorrow was the anniversary every year I go with dad. If his working he goes in late. We just sit and reminisce and be present. The day before that's always been mine and mums day, I was with her the day before all those years ago so it felt only right to continue. "I was shot mumma some guy broke into the school I was shot helping someone" I tear up "I haven't told anyone but I saw his eyes they never caught him I I don't know if I can even get it out to anyone else but you always had a way of making me and dad talk" I sigh tears dripping down my face "I'm ok healing I have stitches that occasionally hurt but I'm fine I promise" I reassure her "dad has a girlfriend" I said bring a smile to my face "I think his scared to let her in though. She's amazing and wonderful she's perfect mum well perfect living in your shadow because you were the best. Her names Stella I like her so does dad but he keeps hurting her and I'm scared that one day she won't come back. I I love dad more than anything when you died he became like air to me but I need a woman you know someone who can actually do my hair cause there's only so many loose lopsided braids a girl can take or crocked ponytails. Now she is nothing compared to you I will unfortunately have to continue to suffer through store bought clothes until I can work out how to use the machine although I am scared of breaking it, think that might be dads fear to, Stella is a firefighter like dad now your probably wondering who would look after me well you see I either go to the firehouse don't be mad at dad for a while there the fire trucks were the only thing to make me smile, I did go to grandpa Bennys but his in here to maybe I should go see him as well. Dad kept his promise he is keeping me away from your mum she's trying though I rarely speak to your family but they are there always offering to help dad. I met the guys in intelligence you would love them mum I sometimes stay with Erin and Jay their sleeping together no one but me and dad know. Dad slept with Erin ages ago which is how I met her not while they were sleeping we went out for food dad said he wanted me to know a cop I found out much later about them sleeping together. Now there best friends her and dad she offers to takes me I like her she's cool and Jay his like my new friend he makes me laugh his super competitive like me. Baseball seasons starting again and I can't wait I'm so excited. Oh and Adam his a cop to I met all of them as I said before Adam is funny and goofy. Can't forget Hank I met him ages ago when Benny use to run poker matches you know this. Well not the Hank but the poker bit. His Hank I mean his the Sargent of Intelligence his cool to I like him. Matt doesn't like Hank though I don't know why but I do he makes me smile. He heard me talking about grandpas poker friends I miss playing poker with them" I ramble to her.