Hostage

I was working at my dads desk

I was working at my dads desk. They were all outside much to the disappointment I wasn't letting them inside. Well truth was dad wasn't letting them in, he even came in and closed the blinds after catching Otis and Cruz making faces at me. I had assignments that were due tomorrow and wouldn't be completed if I just did it when they were on calls. I was a hostage until I got my work done.

I jump hearing a loud noise. Normally they are pretty good about not being loud. It happened again it wasn't a bang but it was, kinda like a drill sound and an explosion and a bang all mixed together. Something told me something was wrong I just didn't know what to do. I grab my phone with my shaky hands. My mind telling me it wasn't safe, That it was like the time at school. I really did t know what to do.

Slowly I open the door creeping through the bunk room. I heard lots of shouting, not like the normal kind of shouting though. This kind of shouting made me flinch backwards. I stumble in the office careful not to make a sound. I pull my phone out calling the one person who would listen and comfort me if I'm overreacting but also do something if something was happening.

"I think something bad is happening" I whisper creeping forward I hear lots of shouting. I listen to her calming words as I peer through the window that leads into the common room. I froze I saw two guys with very big guns standing in front of the my family. My eyes meet Herman's I see his eyes instantly widen. I knew he didn't have to say. I took of running I was at the end of the hall when I hear one shout "what are you looking at". I run around the corner going back into my dads office closing the door behind me. "Livvie Liv please tell me your ok those were gun shots" I completely forgot I was on the phone with her "I'm ok I'm ok" I said my voice shaking "they had them they have big guns" "where are you" she demands "my dads office I couldn't think of where else to go" "take a breath for me I need you to look around" I nod "now ignore the desk and the bed look for somewhere to hide baby" "what" "find somewhere to hide just until we can get there" "ok" "are they going to kill dad" "not if I can help" I sigh falling to the floor.

I knew exactly where to hide. Dad had an old vent under his desk lieutenant Wilson from first shift made it come loose or something it's where they hide there stuff the valuables. It was kinda an silent agreement not to touch the stuff in the vent. They were firefighters so there wasn't much, don't want to block me he air flow. Just a tiny box it's where dad keeps his wedding ring or did it bounces between there and round his neck. He also kept my glove from when I a baby, a couple photos, and a little teddy thing I made with mum for him. I was convinced it would keep him safe. It's about the size of a Lego car maybe a bit smaller and wooden. I didn't know if I would fit but it's the only place apart that isn't the bed or desk. Luckily I'm tiny for a normal thirteen year old and it's a large vent.

It was a tight fit as I shimmy backwards into the vent. I heard someone in the room looking for me. Before grabbing my bag. I had turned my volume down on my phone, Erin could hear everything but I couldn't hear her. I hold my hand over my mouth in fear just watching him as he stood there before storming out. "The bag was right there" I hear him say to another guy. They were right in front of the desk. If I were to reach out I could touch their legs. Their voices sent shivers down my spin. I was so scared they would reach down and pull me up. I couldn't fight them off compare to them I was like a mouse.

I was finally alone in the silence again. My dads going to laugh at this if we both make it out his mouse in a wall like a mouse. I rest my head on the floor so I was now in a ball of sorts. The room was trashed they came back looking for me to get me. It was broken, it was all broken.

I lose my eyes just listening. Every shout, every bit of movement caused us to flinch. I was so scared that one of those bangs would be my dad getting killed. I felt sick. Everything was moving so so slowly. I turn the sound up just one and hold it to my ear. I needed to hear them. I could hear them talking figuring out a plan. "I don't know if she can hear" "Olivia" "I can hear" I whisper so quietly that I don't know if they can hear me. "We're coming for you as well as the firehouse" Jay said I would reply but I didn't want to. I was so scared that I would be heard. That they would come back and kill me. I wondered why my life was the way it was. First my mum, the crash, the stalking, the shooting, now this I just want to be normal. Why can't I be normal.