Beeping

I hear a deafening beeping

I hear a deafening beeping. I couldn't move my whole body felt stuck. I blink my eyes open "Ruby" I hear dad say I look over seeing him standing above me. I open my mouth "hey it's ok your ok your safe" dad said "Halstead" he shouts a moment later a doctor is beside us.

"Dad" I say he was leaning over me stroking my hair "it's been four weeks" he began "yeah and he hasn't left your side for a moment" Stella said "you did good kid you know I had people coming up to me saying you saved their kid" he told me proudly I shrug causing pain to rip through my body. "Hey hey easy your still recovery" Stella said I didn't know she was here "hey Olivia focus on me can you tell me where it hurts" "everywhere" I groan. The doctor telling the nurse to put more medicines in.

"How are the medicines treating you" Dad asks walking back in. Stella had forced him to get a coffee or something, just to walk around now that I was awake. "Good" I nod "Stella has been telling me everything I have missed over the past few weeks did you really break up with her because I was in here" I asks "if that's the case then I'm very mad" he lets out a chuckle rubbing his neck "oh yeah" "oh he totally did" Otis said walking in with Herman, Cruz, Capp, Ferraris and Sylvie walk in. "Everyone else is dying to come in" "yeah I'll bring Annabelle after school she's been telling me she'll die if she doesn't see you soon" Herman said walking over kissing my head. "I can't wait I have been stuck with these two" "hey I'm not that bad I actually made him leave" Stella said making me smile. Normally I would giggle but I was to scared to after all the pain from shrugging. "So how's our favourite girl" Sylvie asked "I'm so bored" "well we're all here and we have enough people to keep you entertained until your out of here" Cruz said "that might be a while you don't have to" I rub my face "ok yep there's her Severide side" Herman said making me smile "oh yeah we don't notice it often just when she's beating me in poker" Cruz said "I'm better than dad grandpa Benny said dad didn't know how to listen" I said smirking making everyone laugh "well it's safe to say our Livvie Girl hasn't lost her humour" Ferraris said ruffling my hair gently "I know Intelligence has been dying to come as well they keep asking about you at Mollys. Especially after they helped pulled you out" Herman told me "they can come" I said shrugging "it will be good to see them" I add smile I would love to see them. They all make it so exciting when I go to intelligence.

"My favourite child" Adam said "you don't know any other children" I snap back making the others laugh. "We have been over this I have a niece" "that you never see" he sighs "how you doing Liv" Jay asked "good" I nod "hey look at the positives you can now join our super secret group of people who have been shot" Adam said "we don't have a group" Erin immediately said "but we have all been shot I think we should have a group" Adam exclaimed "does it hurt forever" I ask quietly dad goes to speak but Jay beats him to it "no it will get better just the memories that sneak up on you" he told me making me nod "hey you are going to be fine girl you got all of us and all of them to help Jays just trying to scare you" Stella said I don't miss the look Erin sends Jay "hey it's called being honest" "it didn't scare me" I said "see she doesn't scare easily" Jay exclaims making me smile. "What have I missed" I asked looking around "well Ruz here fell off a balcony" I giggle probably would have laughed if I wasn't so scared I would hurt myself more. "How did you fall off the balcony" "I was chasing a perp" He defended "your dad here did a killer save" Stella said "you think all his saves are killer" I said she just shrugs I notice dad smirking. "Don't worry girl we will make sure you look beautiful at all times" Sylvie said playing with my long hair. Stella comes it back and begins braiding it. "Your going to be the most beautiful patient this hospital has ever scene" Stella assured me. She doesn't pull to hard just makes sure I'm ok. "Jay" he hums looking at me "can you ask your brother when I can leave I want to play baseball" this causes everyone to laugh "maybe a few weeks before that kiddo" dad said making me pout. Truthfully that's kinda all I wanted "how bout we set it up so your doing something exciting everyday until you can get back on that field" Sylvie said happily I nod slowly "we'll all take it in turns doing activities that won't hurt her" She adds looking around the room "ooh I can finally beat her in poker" I giggle softly "not a chance Cruz I got hit in the stomach not my brain" "it's more chest area" Otis corrects but upon seeing the looks he was receiving "sorry" he said "ok no doubt you will be winning many poker games what else" Sylvie asks "I can take you shopping" "nope always hated it mum use to make me my clothes" I told them "ok what about a museum or something is there anything your into" "that isn't at the firehouse or district" Herman added "I like hanging out with Annabelle we just sit and talk" I shrug "that's me I'll bring my child" Herman exclaimed "uh I like animals, space, learning about the world" "so basically anything she likes everything I could have told you that" Capp said "could take her to the pier one day" Adam said "oh that's you man I'm not spending my money on her at the the pier" Dad said smirking "she's really good at Pac-Man and space invader though" he adds shrugging "oh yeah she will break your bank account on those machines" Otis added "she conned you into it" "yep" he said sighing "what about the zoo" Cruz asked "unless your willing to carry me around all day than it's a no it's far to much walking and I'm hurt" I said pouting "I'm doing that...what it would be good for cardio" Adam said shrugging "you know I'm cool with just watching the Blackhawk or some movie right you don't have to take me out" "won't it be boring if that's all your doing" Erin asks "not if we watch different movies and it will be with different people" I shrug "like it's not the same watching the Blackhawks with Jay and Will as it is with dad" I shrug smiling. "Ok we got this your going to have the best couple of week of your life" Kevin assured me making me nod.