ImPerfect

"So you play baseball" Jake asks "yeah pitcher" he nods "we don't play in the same team" "you play baseball" "only started recently" "oh cool" "she's awesome" Rocco added "you play with her" "oh yeah same as Annabelle" I add "why didn't I know wha...

"So you play baseball" Jake asks "yeah pitcher" he nods "we don't play in the same team" "you play baseball" "only started recently" "oh cool" "she's awesome" Rocco added "you play with her" "oh yeah same as Annabelle" I add "why didn't I know what this" "because you don't talk to her and Annabelle" Rocco shrugs

I left the boys talking "how can I help my favourite Severide" "Sargent platt I think my father will be very upset" I walked her after school, we'll the last period. I kinda skipped no doubt dad will be mad when he finds out. "I need to speak to Erin" "well unfortunately she is busy" "it's very urgent and I can't tell Sylvie because Stella will be there and she will tell dad can you just get Erin" "she isn't here" I sigh slumping against the desk.

I heard them before I saw them. "Oh thank god I have been waiting forever" I exclaim "you know a lot of cops in here don't know how to talk to people it seems like a real issue" "what are you doing here" "is everything ok" they say at the same time "oh everything is fine" Sargent platt answered "I just need to vent to Erin about something totally irrelevant to what your doing" I smile

"What's wrong" Erin asks Jay had run upstairs to tell the team what they found. "Jake I can't tell Sylvie because Stella is always there and she'll tell dad" she smiles "I like him like a lot his super cool Rocco keeps telling me that his only talking to me cause he thinks baseball is cool" I rush out she just smiles. "So it's a boy" I nod "ok let me just finish up with the case how bout we hang out tonight" "yep can hang out up there or isn't a secret" I point upstairs "uh" "it's cool I'll go bug Herman his at Mollys" i shrug smiling "I just dad doesn't really get all of this" I wave my hands around "and you can't go to Sylvie it's ok I'll come past and pick you up" she assures "hey if your boyfriend is coming you swear him to secrecy" I shout through the lobby getting a glare from Platt. Erin's cheeks flush as she nods before running up the steps.

I sat at the bar as Herman moves around Otis was somewhere as well. "So how is my favourite niece" "aren't I your only nice" I question Herman "Cindy has a couple a my brother but you by far a my favourite" "I'm going to hang out with Erin later" "oh yeah" "yeah don't know what we are doing yet Jay also may be there" "does your dad know about these plans" he questioned as I pull my phone out to message Annabelle "nope but he will when he checks his messages" he just hums

"You skipped school" dad said sounding pissed I had no idea they would call him. "Uh" "no no your not going to Erin's" "dad" I began "I don't want to hear it they also told me you haven't been doing your school work...get up" he grabbing my arm "dad please" I beg I just wanted him to listen. To know that I skipped because if I didn't and walking past the corner later the weirdo would be there. Or that I haven't been doing my school work because I don't know, I'm trying though. "Come on your going to school and home that's it" I couldn't speak. No baseball, no friends, no happiness I couldn't. Why was he being so mean, he always listens asks hears me. He drags me out of the bar.

His yelling and complaining was all just white noice. My head was spinning mum would have listened why did she have to die. As he starts to walk off I run in the other direction completely disregarding my fear. The fear of what starts to come out in the afternoon. I could distantly hear dad yelling for me but I ignore it.

"Livv" the male said I gasp leaping forward hugging him. "What are you" "dad would look for me at Erin and jays I didn't know where else to go he wasn't listening I'm sorry" I back up "no no it's ok come in how did you know where I lived" "we stopped past here in the week I was with you guys" he nods letting me inside. I sat on the couch awkwardly "want to talk about it what happed" he passes me a glass of water "uh I was meant to go hang out with Erin and talk about the boy I liked but dad found I skipped and haven't been doing my work he didn't even ask why I panicked and just ran" "so what did happen" "I skipped because the weirdo two streets away from the district you know the one" he smiles "yeah we get a call about him three times a day doesn't do anything illegal though" I nod "yeah well he scares me so I left early to avoid him and I haven't been doing my work because I don't understand but I'm trying I promise" he sighs "how about we do some I had some practice and maybe that will help" I nod "i have to call your dad" "I know" I sigh "grab a book I'll help you" he said walking away I don't want him to call dad but I knew he would. I didn't want to see dad. Why would he not just listen to me.

"Kev" I groan leaning back not getting it one bit he laughs smiling and began explaining it. The knock at the door made me tense. I knew it would be dad. Dad walked in behind Kevin, he took a moment glaring at me before sighing. "I'll be in the kitchen" Kevin said before walking away "I'm sorry for running" "why don't you tell me what happened it took me a minute but I realised I probably should have asked you" I sigh "I skipped because I went to see Erin there's this guy a couple streets away his super weird and creepy everyone knows about him kev told me they get three calls a day about him at least but he never breaks the law he isn't there when I pass if i skip" he nods taking in every word "and my work I haven't been doing it because I don't get it but it's ok kev is helping me" "why didn't you say" "I tried but you had so much going on with work and Stella so I just gave up one day" I shrug "hey it doesn't matter if the world is ending I'll always have time for you always" I nod slowly he brushes my hair behind my ear before pulling me into a hug holding me tightly "I was so scared I would loose you...even more when you weren't anywhere normal" he meant my mothers grave or Erin's or jays. Erin and jays had become a more recent development before now it was Sylvies or Ferraris.