Forever

I felt broken

I felt broken. So afraid. I don't know how long it was until I went silent. I think the silence was worse than the yelling and banging. People walked in I could hear them talking but I had long since buried my head so I couldn't make out what. I was to scared to move now. The silence consumed me before more people walk in I could feel their footsteps, it felt like an army.

Suddenly two arms grab me pulling me out. I instantly scream as loud as I can hoping someone anyone would hear, my eyes closed. "Hey hey Ruby it's dad" I open my eyes seeing dad kneeling in front of me. Herman, Matt and Capp standing behind him. I throw myself on dad "I was so scared I didn't know I saw them I just I called Erin I didn't know what to do" I ramble into his shoulder "you were super brave kid far braver than some of us" Herman said making me squeeze dad. "I thought I was going to die or you" I said as dad stood up with me in his arms. I may be thirteen but I need his comfort sue me. "I love you Ruby" i squeeze him a fraction tighter. "Forever" I whisper making him squeeze tighter. It's was a saying. One of them would saying I love you then mum or whichever one didn't say I love you would say forever before kissing me like crazy. It was mostly mum though. When dad was working she would say I love you and I would say to the moon she would finish by saying and back.

I was sitting right by dad at the table in the common room. Erin walks in making me stand up and hug her "thank you" "hey if you didn't call me we probably wouldn't have known for a while so if anyone should be thanking anyone it should these guys thanking you" I smile a her. I hadn't been around them they had been outside. "Hey princess we actually have to get a statement from you" she said carefully "with your permission could we it alone with her" I hear Jay probably talking to dad. Erin leads me down the hall I don't know if dads coming. "I have something for you" I said capturing a lot of attention from the whole until. No matter how quiet I was they all somehow heard. I feel around for my phone that's always on me only to find it gone. I look at the firehouse I didn't want to go back to where they were. How could I feel this way about my home. "Hey I'll get it tell me where it is" Erin said noticing my hesitation I stare at the firehouse my mind flashing to all the banging before I spin to her nodding. "Uh it's in the vent under my dads desk" she gives my arm a squeeze before racing off. "Liv" Jay said capturing my attention "where were you" I think they all knew but they had to ask "my dads office" I flinch as I hear the glass smash across my dads floor. "Hey your ok you did the right thing by ringing Erin" Adam said making me weakly smile. I wonder if I would ever be able to fully smile again. I knew it wasn't normal for all of them to take a statement together. I also it was probably to comfort me more then anything and it was. I did feel a lot of comfort to look up to see Adam making a goofy face at me. At least I think that's the plan I may have throw gasoline on the fire. Erin runs up passing me my phone. I instantly unlock it opening my photos passing it to Hank. A few crowd around to see the videos. "I was going to send them to Erin but I got scared and just hid like she said" I said rubbing my arm. It showed a gun walking past the hallway I was in with a large gun, another showed four guys holding the firefighters hostage. They were videos the second broken up into four I think filled with shouting, threats and the odd shots. "Think a thirteen year old just solved our case for us" Al said smiling at me.

After a few more questions go by before I turn back to the firehouse. I was slightly wishing I never walked out the doors, maybe then I wouldn't be standing here in fear. The glass smashing, the shots. The only thing I didn't hear was any comfort. I didn't hear any of the voices I loved. I could no longer hear the laughter or the sirens. All it was was the glass smashing on repeat I could almost see it. The shots and bangs that made me flinch. The chaotic shouting that sent constant shivers down my spin. I breath in and out, in and out before I take a step forward. I had to go inside. I just had to pass through those doors and be by my dad and I'll be fine. "Livvie" Jay said wrapping his arm around me passing me my phone, before leading me through the firehouse. He gave my shoulder a squeeze before I sat down. He leaned down whispering something in my dads ear, I walk my dad get up saying "thank you" before they hug and Jay walks out waving to me as he passes. I got dad and everyone else I'm going to be ok right.