[2] Chaos Rising

"Don't bury thoughts that you really want,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Allison drives the two girls in her car - as Lydia's car was totalled. They were heading for the address Scott told Allison they were going to. None of the girls recognized the address - it belonged to a house in the suburbs.

Lydia traces the outline of her bruise with a marker - trying to get a clearer image of what it was.

"I don't know... It doesn't look like much to me." Lydia skeptically says, holding her arm against Allison's again.

"It's a pattern. It means something." Isabel confirms again, Lydia's eyes soften as she looks at the younger girl.

"You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" Lydia asks Allison.

"No, but he might know someone who does." Allison sighs, keeping her eyes fixed on the road.

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Lydia quizzes the two girls.

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott - it's like she needed to find him, like, she had to, and that means something," Allison answers, determinedly.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"What?" Stiles asks Scott.

Scott looks over to see Stiles staring at him. The two walk down the street of the suburban street Stiles had taken them to.

"What do you mean, 'What?'" Scott frowns.

"I mean 'What?', and you know what." Stiles counters.

""What" what?" Scott questions again, genuinely confused now.

"That look you were giving!" Stiles accuses.

"I didn't give a look." Scott scoffs.

"Oh, there was a distinct look, Scott." Stiles insists.

"What look?!" Scott asks, exasperatedly.

"The look that says the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party!"

"It's not that... It just seems weird, going to a different high school's party." Scott shrugs, looking around at the surrounding houses.

"What? Would you..." Stiles trails off and groans. "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine! I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So, tonight, no Allison, no Isabel. Tonight, we're moving on."

He can't tell whether he is trying to convince Scott or himself. Part of him felt guilty coming here. No part of himself wanted to 'move on', but he was too scared he had already lost his chance with Isabel.