[9] Relative

"Just call my name,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"So, is that whole "not letting them out of your sight" - thing literal, or more like a general rule...?" Lydia asks, keeping her eyes on the book she is reading.

"Why?" Allison frowns, looking at Lydia.

"You're running on fumes," Lydia tells the huntress, who jumps forward to look at the dashboard and groans in annoyance. "Yeah... And I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota."

"What if we stop?" Allison questions anxiously.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" Lydia shrugs. "I mean, so we lose them - we know where they're headed."

"You didn't see what happened." Allison shakes her head.

"I know who started it..." Lydia mutters.

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison scoffs.

"Aiden?" Lydia repeats, turning to look at Allison. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second -  is that why you invited me on this whole road-trip thing?" Lydia watches Allison for a second, realising that she never planned on telling her that Isabel was hurt in the first place. "Oh, my gosh! You're keeping an eye on them and me."

"So, there's nothing going on between you two?" Allison pointedly asks.

"I'm appalled by the insinuation!" Lydia responds defensively.

"Nothing?" Allison skeptically repeats, a smile on her face.

"Nothing." Lydia insists, before reliving the other day at school when she and Aiden found an empty classroom. She reapplies her lipstick as Allison watches her with a smirk. "What?" She asks, feigning innocence.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The bus' brakes squeal as the driver suddenly brakes, jolting the bus. Isabel winces in pain as she tries to ignore the burning in her side. Stiles looks at her worriedly as he clutches her hand, giving it a light squeeze to show he is there.

Scott suddenly jumps out of his seat, eyes set in front of him as Stiles looks at him concerned.

"Woah, Scott? Where are you going?" Stiles asks, watching as Scott manoeuvres his way past Isabel and himself.

"Boyd - he's gonna do something." Scott lowly explains.

"Okay, what? How do you know?" Stiles questions, confused.

"Look at his hands," Scott tells him.

Stiles looks over, catching sight of Boyd's claws on full display - digging into the seat in front of him and watches as Scott makes his way down the walkway.