[14] The Girl Who Knew Too Much

"I'm getting what is mine, you gon' get yours,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

At the hospital, Stiles quickly answers the phone as Scott's name pops up on the screen.

"It's philosophers, as in teachers. Allison and her father just found Mr. Westover." Scott rushes out.

"That makes sense. Tara, she wasn't always a cop - she used to teach middle school." Stiles realises.

"Then the last one's gonna be another teacher."

"Yeah, but there's dozens of them, Scott, and they're all headed home." Stiles says, running a hand through his hair.

Scott pauses, turning around to see the school behind him - and all the teachers entering the school. "No... No, they're not. They're all going to the recital." Scott tells the boy, remembering the memorial concert was on tonight.

After finishing the call with Scott, Stiles quickly heads back to his father - determined to finish their conversation. If they were going to save anyone, his dad had to believe him.

"What did you see the night at the bank, when Scott was trying to save Deaton?" Stiles asks, trying to keep up with his dad as he briskly walks down the hospital halls.

"Nothing." Noah simply answers.

"Dad, you saw him healing himself after he tried crossing the mountain ash." Stiles sighs.

"I don't know what I saw-" Noah begins, but Stiles cuts him off.

"You saw something that you can't explain!" Stiles lowly exclaims.

Noah huffs, stopping in place and turning to his son in annoyance. "Stiles, I have seen a lot of things I can't explain in this town. That doesn't make 'em supernatural, and it doesn't make 'em real. They just found another body. That's real - and that's the lead I'm following."

"Yeah, and another teacher's going to die if you don't start listening to me-" Stiles frustratedly responds as his dad heads for the exit.

"I am listening!" Noah interrupts angrily, turning back again to face his son. "I have been listening!" He exclaims, causing all the people and hospital workers surrounding them to turn at the shouting.

Stiles face drops as he takes in his dad's face, exhaling slowly. "...You just don't believe." He realises, eyes glossy.

Noah frustratedly opens his mouth, pointing at his son like he wanted to say something but shakes his head. He turns and heads for the exit again without a word.

"Mom would've believed me." Stiles quietly says, causing Noah to freeze on the spot. Without another word, Stiles turns and heads back into the hospital.