[26] Mischief

"I see a bad moon arising,I see trouble on the way

I see trouble on the way."

Bad Moon Rising - Mourning Ritual
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It's the night before Halloween, a holiday Isabel has never really been interested in - that is until Stiles roped her into helping out with Mischief Night. She follows him with her own flashlight, the teen muttering about Scott being a no-show.

She smiles as she watches him fumble with his phone, she found it adorable how engrossed in Mischief Night he was. They needed this, a night of normalcy - a night to be normal teenagers and not the reject Scooby Gang.

Isabel needed a night to not be terrified of seeing her reflection.

"Get your ass down here now! We have a job to do." Stiles warns the Alpha on the other line.

"Dude, I'm already in bed! And aren't we getting a little old for this...?" Scott responds.

"We do this for Coach!" Stiles exclaims, Isabel rolls her eyes as she cautiously checks behind her as they walk over to Stiles' locker in the boy's changing room.

"I thought we did this to Coach..." Scott corrects.

"Whatever, okay? You know he needs this! He lives for this stuff. He loves it!" Stiles says. Isabel is unsure if he's trying to convince Scott or himself.

"But it's the middle of the night."

Stiles places his flashlight in his mouth as he unlocks his locker and opens the door before placing the light back in his hand. "12:15am actually." He counters. "Which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it also happens to be Coach's birthday. And it's Isabel's first Mischief Night/Day! So, if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you, okay? And I mean five, four, three, two-"

Isabel feels breathing on her neck, her hairs on her body standing to attention. She quickly spins on her feet, spotting glowing red eyes in the dark behind them. She freezes in horror - not here, not now!

The figure steps forward, Stiles turning around also and jumps at the sight - falling to the ground ungraciously. Isabel breathes out in relief as Scott reveals himself.

"One." Scott finishes for Stiles. smirking.

"I hate you!" Stiles grunts from the ground.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Isabel stifles her laughter as she watches Stiles and Scott enter the doors to the school, only for Stiles to get hit in the face with a roll of toilet paper. She shakes her head and starts to make her way down the hallway toward the pair and freezes as she notices her again.