3A: Intro

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"So you really think she's gonna come back to you?" Stiles asks Scott as they exit his Jeep.

Stiles parks his Jeep on the lacrosse field, himself and Scott using their free time during their school break to practice lacrosse. As they both approach the boot of Stiles' Jeep, Stiles looks up to see a sheepish grin on Scott's face.

"Yeah, I know she is." He confidently nods.

Stiles raises a brow at his best friend as he reaches in and begins to pull out their lacrosse sticks. Scott's eyes remain on his friend for a moment.

"What about you and Izzy?" Scott breaks the silence.

Stiles' head snaps up at the sound of her name and Scott watches the blush fill his cheeks. Stiles gives Scott a cheeky grin.

"Well..." He begins, Scott, reaching in to help him pull the equipment out. "The 10-year plan for making Isabel fall in love with me may have to stretch a bit longer, but the plan is definitely still in motion."

Scott gives a frustrated sigh at his answer. "Why haven't you asked her out yet?!" Scott exclaims.

Stiles jumps at his sudden volume. He picks up his bag and shakes his head as Scott shuts the boot to his Jeep.

Stiles laughs. "Yeah, okay." He comments, but Scott just rolls his eyes.

"Dude, seriously? How many times have you guys kissed?" Scott scoffs.

"Like four times? Not that I'm counting - or anything..." Stiles sheepishly smiles as Scott shakes his head again.

"Exactly! What's the hold-up?" Stiles sighs as he leans against his lacrosse stick.

"What if she says no?" Stiles finally confides.

Scott gives him a reassuring look. "Stiles. I've seen how you both look at each other. She won't say no." Stiles just shrugs at his friend's words. "Aren't you hanging out with her tonight?" Scott asks, Stiles nods in response. "Ask her tonight," Scott demands.

"Why don't you just get in the goal and help me make team captain like you promised there, big guy? I'll deal with my lady troubles." Stiles scoffs.

Scott chuckles as he heads into the goal, he pauses for a moment. "You know what I just realized? I'm right back where I started." He speaks.

"What do you mean?" Stiles frowns, as he begins to get a ball ready.

"I mean, no lacrosse, no popularity, no girlfriend. Nothing." Scott lists.

"Dude, you still got me," Stiles calls out, offended.

"I had you before." Scott smiles.

"Yeah, and you still got me. Okay? It's a life fulfilled." Stiles jokes, causing Scott to laugh.

"Very." Scott comments.

"Now remember, no wolf powers," Stiles warns the wolf.

"Got it." Scott nods.

"No, I mean it. No super-fast reflexes, no super eyesight, no hearing. None of that crap, okay?"

"Okay." Scott agrees, preparing himself as he takes his stand in the goal. Stiles prepares to throw the ball but stops himself and looks up at Scott again.

"You promise?" He asks.

"Would you just take the shot already?" Scott rolls his eyes. Stiles begins again, but Scott cheats and starts to use his abilities. Stiles throws the ball, Scott easily catching it.