[21] Anchors

"Are we too young for this?"

Softcore - The Neighbourhood
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Stiles stands in his room, collecting his things for school. He reaches out for a book, but when his eyes connect with the letters, the words become jumbled on the cover.

Noah approaches the doorway cautiously, watching his son stand in the middle of the room. "Hey. You all right?"

Stiles turns at the sound of his father's voice, before quickly looking back down at the book. The letters are no longer jumbled, and Stiles can read the words. He frowns as his eyes flicker around the book.

"You ready for school?" Noah asks.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." Stiles responds, placing the book into his bag and slinging it across his back. He turns to see his father watching him, unconvinced with a concerned look on his face.

Stiles sighs softly as he takes in his fathers expression. "Dad, seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare." He looks at his dad's hands, spotting boxes of files. "What's that?" He questions.

Noah looks down to where Stiles' eyes look. "That's just, uh, files from the office."

Stiles raises a brow as he points to the writing on the side of the box. "It says 'Sheriff's station, do not remove.'"

"Well, yeah, unless you're the Sheriff." Noah points out.

"Oh." Stiles nods.

"Now get your butt to school, all right?" Noah gives a smile before leaving. Stiles sighs, fixing his bag before leaving for school.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

At the Martin household, Isabel stands in her room dressed for school. She sighs, preparing for the day ahead as she moves over to her mirror. She freezes as she takes in the sight in the mirror.

Her eyes hold her dark red glow, her hands dripping with Chaos. She looks down in horror at her hands, but instead of her familiar glow of magic, she's instead met with a crimson dripping of blood.

Isabel's breath gets caught in her chest as she returns her eyes to the mirror, her face and clothes now covered with blood. Her eyes catch sight of a figure stood beside her, blood red eyes gazing into hers in the mirror.

She notices that it is no stranger - it is herself. Her double stands with a smirk on her face, Isabel snapping her head to the side and spinning to see if she was really there. She looks behind her fearfully, but no one is there.

Slowly turning back to the mirror, she flinches as she realises her double was still there - still watching her, unmoving. Isabel stands frozen, staring at the mirror in horror as the figure moves around her body, almost like it was sizing her up.